SASS Wire Forum

Spontaneous unwanted break dancing

We were walking behind a guy in his 20s with his gal on his arm last Winter headed to a nearby restaurant. There was frosty rime on the sidewalk, but then a sort of tile surface in front of a piece of sidewalk art. 

The guy started slipping like the one in the clip above, but remained on his feet the whole time miraculously. It went on for about 10 seconds. We and his girlfriend stood there in awe and then busted out laughing. It was amazing.

Needless to say, we did a bit of a detour around the spot. Only a lithe yout' could have pulled that off; I would've been a goner.....

I was walking across the parking lot, while visiting my daughter in Atlanta a couple years ago. Hit a patch of black ice and landed on my back.

Could not get any traction to get up.

Had to crawl across the parking lot to the grass at the edge. Once I was up on the grass I could get up again.

The dog on the leash attached to my wrist didn't help much.

just slipped and fell on the ice this morning! I landed FLAT on my back. My tailbone hurts!!! Ugggghhh...........

Can't blame it on ice, but was awarded 2nd place in a dance contest while taking a short cut across the dance floor to get another drink.   GW

Can't blame it on ice, but was awarded 2nd place in a dance contest while taking a short cut across the dance floor to get another drink.   GW

Wait...you had ice in your drink right? ;)

I pulled a move...and a couple muscles...doing something similar to that guy a couple of years ago in Oregon. Little kids laughed. Once I got my footing I smiled at them. I would have laughed too, but man, was I sore later. 

Rye, I have bruised and or fractured my tail bone several times now and just the thought of it hurts. 

I pulled a move...and a couple muscles...doing something similar to that guy a couple of years ago in Oregon. Little kids laughed. Once I got my footing I smiled at them. I would have laughed too, but man, was I sore later. 

Rye, I have bruised and or fractured my tail bone several times now and just the thought of it hurts. 

How do you know if it’s fractured? I hope it’s just bruised! It hurts but not terrible !

just slipped and fell on the ice this morning! I landed FLAT on my back. My tailbone hurts!!! Ugggghhh...........

Thou hast mine sympathy and mine understanding both!

Back in my EMS days our local PD got their first tazers and as part of their training they had to use them on each other! We had to be there "just in case." That was some mighty fine break dancing, was awful hard to remain professional. 

Be glad it's just your tailbone. I used to know an old guy who was shoveling his driveway one winter when he slipped and landed on his back, hitting his head on the concrete as well. He went back inside and told his wife he needed to lay down on the couch for a little while. He never got out of that couch, at least not on his own anyhow. :(

How do you know if it’s fractured? I hope it’s just bruised! It hurts but not terrible !

If it hurts in a month it was fractured. You can get x-rays but it’s like x-raying a rib. If the angle isn’t right it’s hard to detect the fracture. 

I slipped on some ice five years ago. Technically , I went horizontal from head height. My butt, heels and head hit at exactly the same time. Those that know me were concerned if my head did damage to the sidewalk.

Imis

Archived