SASS Wire Forum

NYPD Blue

Rye Miles #13621

I've been watching some reruns of NYPD Blue, ya know with Sipowitz and the gang. I used to kinda like it but after watching some of these old episodes I ask myself what was I thinking? Everyone is overacting, there's so much drama it's ridiculous, the cops on that show are a bunch of lunatics! When they question possible purps they're nasty and mean especially Sipowitz! This has to be one of the worst cop shows ever!  There's a couple of hot babes though! Just MHO

Rye,

Been there, done that.

Some of the old shows are comical by today's standards.

The real lunatics are the ones that try to "revive" old shows with newer cast. (Think Magnum and Hawaii 5-0)

Somewhere down the line you can look forward to watching the new "NYPD Blue".

In the end, I'm just like you......

image.png.458cf0e24a7555166269cdc2556187ce.png

I watched some episodes of Miami Vice and had to laugh at some of the plots. They take suspects right through the squad room where all the undercover cops are hanging out, they go undercover without any skills, all the women fall for Sonny or Tubbs at first sight, and the close ups of Tubbs looking concerned are a joke!

Good Grief, next your gonna tell me Santa ain't real.:rolleyes:

I tried watching some old episodes of Beretta,  21 Jump Street, Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice, and a couple others.

Man, I was  either naive or dumb to think they had any semblance of reality back when they came out.

Good Grief, next your gonna tell me Santa ain't real.:rolleyes:

I'm so sorry, but it's true! It's all a hoax!!! :lol:

When I asked my mother if Santa Claus was real she said, "If you believe in him, he'll come. if you don't believe in him he won't come"!^_^

I tried watching some old episodes of Beretta,  21 Jump Street, Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice, and a couple others.

Man, I was  either naive or dumb to think they had any semblance of reality back when they came out.

I guess you could say the same about all the old cowboy movies and serials we love! By todays standards, lots of them are pretty bad, but we still love them.

I personally love NYPD Blue! I have the complete series on dvd's  I like the characters, not all the plots. It was one of the first tv series that really delved into the personal lives and situations of the main characters.

Howdy,

I just was given a stack of old vhs tapes.

Letterman had a funny show.  NO references to the President at all.

More that 20 years later still funny.

And I got to rewatch the 1995 F1 race. What a great show and

race cars that look 'right'.  Im going to get out more old tapes.

I had to put fresh batteries in the remote for the vhs player. Worth IT.

1995 was a great year.

Best

CR

Are you saying the Mod Squad wasn't realistic? What about Adam 12? 

I'm not a cop but I seriously doubt that any of the cop shows are realistic. If they were, they'd probably be boring as hell for 3/4's of the show due to showing the paperwork involved.

While watching any old crime drama I keep yelling at the screen, just call 911 on your cellphone!

Forgot they only had....

image.png.1f1c5d8c42c88af7cfa21abf94ce43ba.png

Some old cop shows that while not too real are still pretty good, Cannon, Dan August, and Peter Gunn.:)

i surfed my way to to the beginnings of a western the other night.  The main characters made it very plain that the time period portrayed was 1815-1816. Calendars, newspaper etc.  At the end of the opening every one picked up their 92 Winchesters, strapped on their Peacemakers and ran out the door.

I moved right along.

Never cared for NYPD Blues.  Loved Hill Street Blues, but never took it for real.  Though in entertainment I do kind of go for the willing suspension of disbelief.

Depends on the year.

First three seasons they carried Model 14, 6" TargetcMasterpieces.

A_12_Malloy_K-38_Bank_Robbery_S2.4_sm.jpg.0d5b3fa4c54b8b2cdec80e37f8b681e5.jpg

In season four, when LAPD went to the shorter bartel, they seitched to Model 15 Combat Masterpieces.

678754570_Adam_12_Malloy_Reed_SW_M-15_Cartwright_600.jpg.0bd3909275957760c076b6b2356778f6.jpg

I watched some episodes of Miami Vice and had to laugh at some of the plots. They take suspects right through the squad room where all the undercover cops are hanging out, they go undercover without any skills, all the women fall for Sonny or Tubbs at first sight, and the close ups of Tubbs looking concerned are a joke!

I made some good money doing off duty security for Miami Vice. The Art Deco building where they supposedly wor was the old Coca Cola bottling plant in Miami.

Lame show. Great music though. :lol:

no one mentioned Dragnet?

and the movie that was its predecessor:  He Walked the Night 

▲Webb was in this but not as a cop

Just the facts ma'm, just the facts!

They are kinda hard to shoot accurately when you leave the stock folded and the selector switch on full auto.

Mini 14 full auto??

You don't watch Miami Vice for realism. You watch Miami Vice because it's Miami Vice.

:D

You don't watch Miami Vice for realism. You watch Miami Vice because it's Miami Vice.

:D

Precisely.

Just came back from Turks and Caicos; rented a private villa named "Miami Vice".  Pics below.  Sonny and Tubbs were out-of-town, but it was a great spot.

LL

IMG_3209.JPG

IMG_3210.JPG

VILLA 002.JPG

ACROSS THE POOL.JPG

Car 54 where are you?? The prototype for all cops and robber flicks. 

It only took one or two remakes of an previous series to rid me of the idea that any of them would be a continuation, instead of a vague resemblance with the same name. And the idea that any of them were a reflection of reality? Puh-LEEZE! 

Now I dial back my expectations, just watch them for the entertainment, and consider them little more than live-action comic books.

Archived