SASS Wire Forum

13° outside

Utah Bob #35998

It's a balmy 45 here... cozyed up with Charlie Brown and a hot coffee laced with brandy and whipped cream.  :)

So decadent!  ^_^

3 degrees here this moring. G.W. Wade...just go outside and start talking...temp should go up 20 to 30 degrees...

In the 30's here, about an inch of snow but it's going to warm up for the next few days to middle 40's! Yippee!! 

It was 53 here in the PRK, but the car fire up at the corner helped keep folks warm.
It is cold enough now that the shoplifters have to start wearing shoes when they rip off the local Safeway.

I believe a brief winter spell is upon us here.

It was sunny and 82 yesterday, but a front moved in last night and it's a CHILLY 55 this morning.....brrrrr! :P

image.png.fcb7d6bd119a07fdbeaf918fa267a6ce.png

17 yesterday, 22 today but in a few days will be 60. Bunch of ice and snow on the ground since Sunday night. Just had the fire in the fireplace last few days, will finally get out today and out to the kids camp to do the books and bills.;)

Been a balmy 40-50 here for a week or so.  

Am a I Nostalgic for Utah?  Nope.  Gone for good.

Am I nostalgic for California?  Nope.  Gone for good.

Do I miss any of the many other places I've lived over the years?  Nope.  Gone for good.

Don't even want to go back to any of them for any amount of time.

Been a balmy 40-50 here for a week or so.  

Am a I Nostalgic for Utah?  Nope.  Gone for good.

Am I nostalgic for California?  Nope.  Gone for good.

Do I miss any of the many other places I've lived over the years?  Nope.  Gone for good.

Don't even want to go back to any of them for any amount of time.

40-50 is a nice winter temperature. When I lived in Florida that’s what it was....for about 2 weeks in January anyway. :)

7° this morning when I got up, but it’s already up to 24. Looking good!

Made to +8 today.    Needed Old Man Greybeard for help today       GW

We are up to 105F at the moment:(

That's an average range here 'bouts... and we typically top 110° quite a few days every summer.  whew.gif

That's an average range here 'bouts... and we typically top 110° quite a few days every summer.  whew.gif

Unfortunately here at the moment this is very hot, very dry, very windy and a lot of fire.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/world-weather-map-shows-how-australia-is-set-to-have-another-day-of-record-breaking-heat/news-story/4e84e5195445a8a498d31ea5d5317847

Understood, Major.  You are all in our thoughts and prayers ~ this being California, we do understand.  :(

So...

No one in the states is suffering from global warming then?

;)

Tuesday 16 December recorded an average of 40.9C across the continent, beating the previous record of 40.3C set on 7 January 2013. But it held the record for just 24 hours.

Wednesday was even hotter across the country, with the highest maximum temperature reached in Birdsville, Queensland, which hit 47.7C (117.8).

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/dec/19/419c-australia-records-hottest-ever-day-one-day-after-previous-record

The above is the average temp across the whole of Australia. The BOM have 700 sites across the country from top to bottom and the avg max temp across the whole country was 107.4F

The map gives you an idea of the size of the sample area compared to the US, Canada and down into Mexico.

images3PEGEOVB.jpg

WJ, thanks to y'all for sending US firefighters when California was burning.  More than once!  

Flag: Australia on OpenMoji 12.0

Archived