SASS Wire Forum

Christmas Music

Subdeacon Joe

I love most Christmas music. I need to download some on my iPhone so I can listen through the Bluetooth on my bike helmet. :D

Key word!

I could die happy and in peace listening to Baroque Christmas music.  My first piano teacher (yes, he was a church organist/choir master) started his students on Christmas carols in August.

I could die happy and in peace listening to Baroque Christmas music.  My first piano teacher (yes, he was a church organist/choir master) started his students on Christmas carols in August.

If I had to listen to Baroque music from August to January, I would most certainly die....just not happy or in peace.

Makes me think of Mark Twain's observation that only idiotic humans would condemn themselves, in their concept of Heaven, to listen to nothing but harp music for eternity. :blink:

LL

No, no, no!  I love Italian and especially high baroque.  It is complex and mathematical and above all beautiful.  Douglas Adams wrote a book in which we find out J S Bach was not human, but an alien computer.  I can just about believe it.  His compositions are just that exquisite.  And I have a 26-string clarsaich (Irish lap harp) with sharping pins that does not sound that bad.  I'm just not a good harper.

Handel's Messiah is high baroque. I performed in high school choir, show and chamber ensembles, doing caroling and the like, so I have a soft spot in my heart for traditional Christmas music. In college, I performed Handel's work (not the complete Messiah), and even with my beliefs, there is something amazing about the music to hear and perform.

We listen to Christmas music on our Google Home devices. (Got 6 of them scattered around the house). 

Archived