SASS Wire Forum

Browning SxS no bang...... :-(

Lead Hammer

Well it worked most of the time.....  I took it apart and ran the action through a ultrasonic cleaner with hoppe's then strained the liquid through a coffee filter to see if I could find any dirt.  -0- nothing, So I made a few calls to folks that know more than me  (long list). The take away was check for wood from the stock rubbing on the action parts.  Well what do you know.  I could see how the hammers had polished the wood as they were working.  Now that's a close fit.    A light touch with a dremel tool on the inner stock wood, better than new.    Just sharing my continuing education.  :-)

Kinda common with many high quality SxS shotguns, and even some O/U guns I've seen.

Good luck, GJ

I think that can be a problem on all doubles. Local gun shop had a new 410 hammer double that one barrel would not let the hammer catch when trying to cock it. Same thing...wood rubbing. I have a single trigger Stoeger that was sometimes hitting light on the right barrel. Yep...wood rubbing on the hammer. A bit of dremel tool work...no more problem. I also have a BSS. So far no problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Lead Hammer, a local pard (Telemark Kid) is having the same issue!  I’m going to send him this thread, maybe he can get his Browning working 100%. 

Thanks for the post!

On 12/17/2019 at 12:06 PM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Had a similar problem with my TTN.  One of the Posse yelled "you gotta cock it first" which seemed to fix the problem  :rolleyes:

:lol: That’s funny. 

Archived