SASS Wire Forum

Paige has crossed the rainbow "picture added"

Perro Del Diablo

Title says it all a friend of mine had to make the decision. Paige was 10 years old Doberman Rottweiler mix. One of the sweetest girls you would ever meet. Diagnosed with cancer in her hip little over month ago. Last couple weeks she went down really fast. Could barely walk appetite was going. Now she has all the tennis balls she will ever need.

We in the last year and a half,have lost a Dobie..red and tan female...a lab..and a 14 year old pit bull. We were down to one Dobie...very big male. Just got a rescue red and tan female. Our condolences 

My heartfelt condolences to you Diablo.

A few years back, we got our daughter a Yorky puppy.   Health complications

and a few costly operations over a 5 year period didn't heal his problems.

At 5 years old, we had to make the same decision for one of the sweetest little pups you'd

ever have.   'Benji' was a great little dog.

A few months later, we found another little boy in great need of a good family to take care of him.

Bandit is a mess.... but he is now family.

...........Widder

My heartfelt condolences to you Diablo.

A few years back, we got our daughter a Yorky puppy.   Health complications

and a few costly operations over a 5 year period didn't heal his problems.

At 5 years old, we had to make the same decision for one of the sweetest little pups you'd

ever have.   'Benji' was a great little dog.

A few months later, we found another little boy in great need of a good family to take care of him.

Bandit is a mess.... but he is now family.

...........Widder

My friend still has another dog and does not want to replace Paige at this time. Time for grieving is needed for both of them and I totally support.

Our deepest condolences Diablo, to your friend. Paige and he/she will meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Eyesa & Ellie

My sincerest condolences

Our deepest condolences Diablo, to your friend. Paige and he/she will meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Eyesa & Ellie

there are at least 3 waiting.

Had to do that more times than I care to remember. It never gets easier, if anything it gets harder. Sorry for your loss pard.

JHC

https://www.bartleby.com/364/335.html

This was not first time for either of us probably wont be last. You are right never gets easier.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

We are going through that right now with our dog (9 year old bull mastiff/Irish wolfhound mix).  He quickly developed a lump on his side.  We took him to our vet and she referred us to a more advanced facility.  CT scan and biopsy were performed.  The CT came back showing that there is a mass between his skin and his ribs.  Most likely a cancer of some sort.  The biopsy results were inconclusive.  The surgeon said that if she was to operate that there is a very good chance that she would have to remove ribs along with the mass + some lymph nodes and of course, no guarantees.

He does not appear to be in any pain.  His appetite is good and he is his usual playful self.  My wife and I decided that we would not put him through all that surgery only to  have it come back again at a later time.  We decided to just let him live out his days while he is still comfortable.  We have spoken with our vet and she agrees with our plan.  When he gets uncomfortable we will get meds to keep him comfortable but not drugged up to the point of being comatose.  As my son said when we were telling him about our decision--"we are making the right call---Quality of life, Not quantity".  When the time comes for the meds to be needed we will make a determination if we are keeping him going for his sake or for ours.

We are going through that right now with our dog (9 year old bull mastiff/Irish wolfhound mix).  He quickly developed a lump on his side.  We took him to our vet and she referred us to a more advanced facility.  CT scan and biopsy were performed.  The CT came back showing that there is a mass between his skin and his ribs.  Most likely a cancer of some sort.  The biopsy results were inconclusive.  The surgeon said that if she was to operate that there is a very good chance that she would have to remove ribs along with the mass + some lymph nodes and of course, no guarantees.

He does not appear to be in any pain.  His appetite is good and he is his usual playful self.  My wife and I decided that we would not put him through all that surgery only to  have it come back again at a later time.  We decided to just let him live out his days while he is still comfortable.  We have spoken with our vet and she agrees with our plan.  When he gets uncomfortable we will get meds to keep him comfortable but not drugged up to the point of being comatose.  As my son said when we were telling him about our decision--"we are making the right call---Quality of life, Not quantity".  When the time comes for the meds to be needed we will make a determination if we are keeping him going for his sake or for ours.

Enjoy the time you have left. It was very hard to watch Paige lose interest in her tennis balls and the pain she had walking on one hind leg. Being older and breed that's prone to hip problems her difficulty was quite obvious. Her last couple days I fed her my chicken fried steak and even stopped by Whataburger and got her last hamburger. A lot of hugs and petting and anything we thought she would enjoy. It might not have made it easier for us but she did have something happy to leave with.

I know there will be cats and dogs because I will take them if they are not already there.

I'd be grateful.  My idea of Heaven:  sitting under a tree outside J S Bach's conservatory window with a cat or six on my lap.

Archived