SASS Wire Forum

Trouble with my 73

Rusty Cuffs

Well it looks like I may have a working Rifle!! Hallelujah!! It only took 2 rifles to make one that works. I pulled the hay out of the troubled rifle. When looking at the notch the sear fits into it was damaged. About 1/3 of the notch appeared missing. I pulled a hammer out of one of my old 73’s and put it into the new rifle. Now then I leaver the rifle the hammer stays back as it should. I’ll take it out tomorrow and make sure it still goes Bang! I’m a happy camper tonight! Thank you to all that responded with what to look for. I love this sport and the people that make it Great!

One Happy Cowboy Rusty Cuffs

...at no time did I suggest anyone get a rope. ...

My error in not conversing clearly.  My post was NOT in response to your’s but to other Posters.

Well it looks like I may have a working Rifle!! Hallelujah!! It only took 2 rifles to make one that works. I pulled the hay out of the troubled rifle. When looking at the notch the sear fits into it was damaged. About 1/3 of the notch appeared missing. I pulled a hammer out of one of my old 73’s and put it into the new rifle. Now then I leaver the rifle the hammer stays back as it should. I’ll take it out tomorrow and make sure it still goes Bang! I’m a happy camper tonight! Thank you to all that responded with what to look for. I love this sport and the people that make it Great!

One Happy Cowboy Rusty Cuffs

Thanks for the follow up report. It's always good to know what causes these problems so that some of the rest of us don't have to go through a lot of extra steps. Good info !

Archived