SASS Wire Forum

Redding 44-40 profile crimp die update

Sgt. Hochbauer, SASS #64409

Got my new die on Saturday and loaded up some sample rounds with Titegroup. Sadly due to the weather did not get out to the range until today. Success...why have I never heard of this die before. The Lee fcd works fine for me on all the straight wall ammo but if I get another bottle neck will also be getting the Redding die in that caliber. The test was a success until a case came apart and brought things to a screaming halt. Never had that happen before but after a bit of time on youtube found a fairly simple method to get that piece of the case free.

Thanks again to all that suggested the die

Hochbauer

Got my new die on Saturday and loaded up some sample rounds with Titegroup. Sadly due to the weather did not get out to the range until today. Success...why have I never heard of this die before. The Lee fcd works fine for me on all the straight wall ammo but if I get another bottle neck will also be getting the Redding die in that caliber. The test was a success until a case came apart and brought things to a screaming halt. Never had that happen before but after a bit of time on youtube found a fairly simple method to get that piece of the case free.

Hochbauer

Were you lubing cases?

Sarg, is this crimp die the best thing since beer in can?

Screenshot_20191214-165650_Photos.jpg

Hochbauer

Glad to hear you are enjoying the profile die. Did the case come apart in another die or the profile die? Never herd of that happening before unless it was in the sizing step.

Got your message Sgt..sent a reply.

Did you use the 'pour the hot lead in the chamber trick..& then just push it out with a rod..works a treat .!!Also had my first a few months back.

Archived