SASS Wire Forum

Can you share a brain fart?

Lawdog Dago Dom

Sunday morning indoor range cowboy match (no BP, no SG, just rifle and pistol)

Everything packed and ready to go. Excited and eager to get in some trigger time during the winter.

Nice group of pards to shoot with. Signed up and let the match begin!

At the line I felt good. Comfortable and relaxed. Deep breath. Said the line. BEEEEP.

Rolling through the pistol targets. Solid, all hits. Went for rifle. Played that lever like a Stradivarius violin.

Turned to go to unloading table, expecting to see the upraised fists of my fellow pard spotters.

Saw 10 fingers. What the ????

My smoothness and relaxed state allowed me to put all 20 rounds on just the pistol targets. Hard to unload when you are laughing at yourself.

Shortcake comes up and executes a nearly flawless double-tap scenario.

But the double-taps were the instructions on the previous stage. oops.

Perhaps combined we equal one, competent shooter?:rolleyes:

It's been a while, but wouldn't that be 10 misses, for not hitting the rifle targets, and a P for shooting at the wrong targets?

If you want to share a brain fart I will loan you one.

Brain fart.jpg

Don't feel like you're alone. I have to admit that I have had days like that, wrong targets, wrong scenario, ECT.. 

The main thing is that I always have fun doing it. And most of the time I get the highest score to.:lol:

Keep your powder dry,

The Bearded Wonder

It's been a while, but wouldn't that be 10 misses, for not hitting the rifle targets, and a P for shooting at the wrong targets?

If you want to share a brain fart I will loan you one.

Brain fart.jpg

No. This is a situation where a miss can't cause a P.

Guess how I remember this so well. :lol:

The next shooter in line is trying to concentrate on the stage he is about to shoot, he has a clean match so far. The guy behind him is talking loudly about the misses he had at shoot X. Shooter ends his string with a miss or two. Share a brain fart? I think so.

Here's mine from this weekend.  I'm shooting BP, the stage had 6 knockdown rifle targets then with remaining rounds dump on stationary target.  The air was still, not even the hint of a breeze, I lost count and with all the smoke I couldn't see the last target and put a round on the dump target before I saw the missed knockdown.  It was a P for me and a lot of coughing from the T.O. and spotters  :rolleyes: 

I went to line once, grabbed my rifle. Jack. Click. Forgot to load it. Started plucking rounds out of my belt loops and finished the stage. My pards were laughing at me not only for that, but I kept a .45/70 in the middle of my belt a la John Wayne. They were all waiting for me to try to load it in my '73. Skid row bums.

JHC :lol:

We have about fifteen monthly matches in NC.

Once got my Saturdays mixed and went to the wrong range.

Made it to the right range about an hour late.  I decided that I wanted to shoot more than I wanted to just go home and protect my ego.

Archived