SASS Wire Forum

Have you adopted laser sights on pistols?

Go West

Call me traditional, but I have yet to buy a pistol with laser sights. I saw one on sale today (green laser) and I'm tempted. Do you have one and do you like them? For the record, I'm retired and my eyes are not what they were.

Have laser grips on my carry pistol.
Laser isn't much account in daylight.

Considering an RMR.

We are hard wired to lock our eyes on a threat.
It is an unnatural act to look away from the threat to focus on sights.

Laser and RMR both eliminate that action: you keep both eyes on the threat, put the red dot where you want the hole to appear.

Sounds easy when you say it fast -- it is not a magic wand -- it takes practice and it takes the same discipline as is required to shoot tight groups with sights.

Howdy,

In daylight most lasers aren't real visible but try one at night.

If you buy one it helps if the laser follows the design of the pistol.

Remember at night normal sights are near invisible.

If possible try before you buy.

Best

CR

The green laser stands out nicely in sunlight. Go green!

Red lasers wash out in sunlight.

I do not have lasers on my guns but I do have red and green laser pointers. The green definitely shows up in the sun. 

I do intend on getting lasers for a couple of my home protection guns. I will go with Crimson Trace and I will go green. 

Crimson trace green laser on my Kimber carry. If I need a low light and little time for target acquisition I want best advantage I can get. I am color deficient so green is alot easier for me to see. Looks alot brighter to me. Crimson also has lifetime battery program. Batteries are cheap easy to replace and actually last a long time.

I have a Viridian on my Sig P938, and Crimson Trace on my 1911 and J frame. Most shootings tend to be in low light, especially in the case of a home break in. No reason to not have a laser in my opinion. They add virtually no weight and don’t affect the function of the gun.

6A50373E-9549-4A11-8093-0E5F4381731A.jpeg

I put a Crimson Trace LG-492 red laser on my SIG P-238; the same unit also fits the P-938.  Very compact, activation button is right there, makes a huge difference in speed of getting on target.

LL

I went with the Viridian because the CT isn’t possible with the Hogue grips, which I really like.

Yeah; if I had Hogue grips, I wouldn't give them up, either.  Mine has the Rosewood grips, and they fit my hands well.

LL

The a Rosewoods are beautiful but after putting the Hogues on I can’t go back.

Nope.  Tested then years ago.  Didn't care for them.  Had them mounted on MP5s.  Found smoke distorted them.  Also figured the laser sight gave my position away when in stealth mode.

Nope.  Tested then years ago.  Didn't care for them.  Had them mounted on MP5s.  Found smoke distorted them.  Also figured the laser sight gave my position away when in stealth mode.

I rarely carry an MP5 so that’s not a concern. Stealth mode isn’t a thing for me anymore either.

I rarely carry an MP5 so that’s not a concern. Stealth mode isn’t a thing for me anymore either.

That's too bad, cause stealth mode is a lot of fun.

That's too bad, cause stealth mode is a lot of fun.

Fun doesn’t’t figure into it for me. Survival does.

I put a Viridian Green Lazer on my S & W 2.0,  9mm which I shoot in a practical/tactical shoot here weekly.  It took me six months to get used to it, but now I love it. You do not ever look at the pistol sites, you just watch the green dot, and fire way. Works great. 

Hoss C.

Archived