SASS Wire Forum

WB Magazine base pads

Jeb Stuart #65654

I heard that leather base pads are now legal for Wild Bunch, however the WB handbook version 12.2  Jan 2019 states no base pad of any kind.

Are leather pads legal and where do I find the rule for that?

Leather base pads up to 1/4 in are legal.  Mernickle offers a 10 pack for $10    Look in the Merchants column        GW

Surprising that G. W. can see that well...

Got new glasses      GW

The process for rulemaking and rule interpretation in WBAS involves fewer people than does CAS.  Changes are posted on the Wild Bunch Wire Forum so the current Handbook does not contain all of the rules that are in effect.

Gamers got to game. A ?gamy? solution to using a fully loaded magazine with the weight of a couple extra rounds that all of a sudden became a problem to load. Of course it’s in stone now so my comment is totally irrelevant. Kinda silly if you ask me but I shoot duelist and use a 1911. 

The reason for allowing the base pads was actually a safety one.  We have a number of shooters who work in the medical field and they had occasional problems with bloody spots and couldn't go to work. Also Others (especially ladies and those with small hands) would get blood blisters from pinching their palm when reloading.  I KNOW that it is a technique issue but we try to do what is best for the game.  Actually for those of us who have shot 1911's for many years a base pad on the magazine is actually a deterrent. You can't fell when the magazine base is flush with the receiver. So anyone who thinks it is a "gamer plus" doesn't really understand.

Wasn't a problem when they only loaded 5 rds, then attempting to get more shooters from other disciplines. They raised mag capacity to 7.  Now that wasn't really a problem either. Now they added the TACTICLE reload.  Seating a fully loaded mag when the slide is forward is,  requires more force. .  Change is coming and rolling down hill like a snowball...   Don't get me wrong ,  I really like WB       GW

I ran into it in July at Minn State and the Regionals at Gunsmoke in Sept.   So guessing early last year.    I didn't change.  Too much confusion in my head to change reload points.   Waiting for Old Man Greybeard to agree with me on confusion in my head       GW

Tried to check WB forum for exact date.  But WB tells me I don't exist.   Darn, wish somebody besides OMG would tell me stuff like that   GW       June 27 2019   Addition amendment not in 2019 handbook

Archived