SASS Wire Forum

FIX THE WIRE PLEASE!!!

Pat Riot

Anyone else tired of the latest update here on the Wire?

- I cannot paste links easily on my iPhone. 
- I cannot quote sentences, only entitled posts. 

Anyone having issues?

I've noticed a few quirks that I don't much care for.  I can quote parts of posts, but it doesn't give the attribution, just the text.  And when a notification pops up on the bottom of the screen I see a black bar with the avatar, but no text telling me if it is someone responding to the thread I'm reading or to one of my posts.

I think I'll survive, though.

Everyone's having issues even Mods and Admins.  There is a maintenance update to fix critical issues in the works now.  Hope the System Administrators get the patch installed soon!  I'll let you know as soon as I hear more. 

Everyone's having issues even Mods and Admins.  There is a maintenance update to fix critical issues in the works now.  Hope the System Administrators get the patch installed soon!  I'll let you know as soon as I hear more. 

Thank you for the timely and informative response.  

Anyone else tired of the latest update here on the Wire?

- I cannot paste links easily on my iPhone. 
- I cannot quote sentences, only entitled posts. 

Anyone having issues?

Nope.

Well I hate to burst your bubble there Pat Riot but some of us ARE having problems with Wire.

When I leave a post by some one and want to look at another thread, my android tablet locks up and will not scroll up or down.  I have to leave the forum and reenter to move to the new thread.

SO BRING ON THE REPAIR CREW!

DR. O. R. VET

The only problem I can see is when I quote someone just the quote shows up not who it's from. In fact all the quotes have no name attached. That's different then it was a while ago.:o

Well then, there’s no problem. Cancel the work request! :P

Like this........this is a quote from Pat Riot.

Well I hate to burst your bubble there Pat Riot but some of us ARE having problems with Wire.

When I leave a post by some one and want to look at another thread, my android tablet locks up and will not scroll up or down.  I have to leave the forum and reenter to move to the new thread.

DR. O. R. VET

Can you not see I was joking?

DR. O. R. VET

I use Samsung Android tablet and dumb phone.  I'm seeing odd things others mentioned but it's not locking up. 

I use a Windows desktop, no phone, and have no obvious problems on my end.

If you quote someone like I just quoted you, does their name show up? Yours didn't ^^^^^^^^^^^

Your name did not show up either.

I'm on win7, Firefox 71.
FF71 has introduced awful problems in Print Preview, but that is not related to the board problem here.

I’m on a I-Mac using Chrome , I think it’s a board thing because the names always came up when you quoted them!

When you're reading a thread, and someone replies while your looking at it, all you get is a black bar at the bottom.  It used to show who had replied, and when you clicked on it, it would update the thread to show those replies.  That no longer functions.

One of the difficulties is that the System Administrators and Servers are not SASS and not located at SASS Headquarters.  So, everything takes a bit longer to get done.

Hang in there.

Something else I have found. I cannot paste links i have accessed through DuckDuckGo but I can if accessed through Google. That is a little weird. 

This is from a Google search. 

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols

The same website link cannot be pasted if I go through DDG. 

When you're reading a thread, and someone replies while your looking at it, all you get is a black bar at the bottom.  It used to show who had replied, and when you clicked on it, it would update the thread to show those replies.  That no longer functions.

One of the difficulties is that the System Administrators and Servers are not SASS and not located at SASS Headquarters.  So, everything takes a bit longer to get done.

Hang in there

Okay here’s another weird one. If you try to quote someone, as I did above, if you do not hit “return” to drop down to comment and instead try to edit the quote by deleting lines the system will not allow you to drop down and add a comment   I keeps you from adding lines outside the quote box. 

I will have to try this in a PC to see if it’s the same. 

Something else I have found. I cannot paste links i have accessed through DuckDuckGo but I can if accessed through Google. That is a little weird. 

This is from a Google search. 

The same website link cannot be pasted if I go through DDG. 

Another Search Engine option is Startpage https://www.startpage.com/  

If you prefer Google’s search results and just want more privacy, try Ixquick’s Startpage. Startpage searches Google for you – when you submit a search, Startpage submits the search to Google and returns the results to you. All Google sees is a large amount of searches coming from Startpage’s servers – they can’t tie any searches to you or track your searches.

Startpage discards all personally identifiable information. Like DuckDuckGo, Startpage doesn’t use cookies, it immediately discards IP addresses, and it doesn’t keep a record of searches performed. 

If you prefer Google’s search results and just want more privacy, try Ixquick’s Startpage. Startpage searches Google for you – when you submit a search, Startpage submits the search to Google and returns the results to you. All Google sees is a large amount of searches coming from Startpage’s servers – they can’t tie any searches to you or track your searches.

Startpage discards all personally identifiable information. Like DuckDuckGo, Startpage doesn’t use cookies, it immediately discards IP addresses, and it doesn’t keep a record of searches performed. 

I use Duck Duck Go all the time!

Oh  no, I was just using Google as an example. I  use DuckDuckGo all the time. I just think it's  odd that pages found through Google will paste but pages through DuckDuckGo will not. This was not the case before the "update".

Just catching up on this thread, didn't Misty say a little while ago that after the first of the year that there was going to be an update to the wire?  

If she did she did not say it here. The reason this thread is here is there WAS an update and things aren't working as they should.

This thing is still acting screwy but I doubt anything will get done before New Year’s Day. 

Today it seems like the Wire locks up. I tried creating a thread twice earlier and it just wouldn’t happen. When I tried responding to posts it would lock up. This is my fourth attempt making this post. 

Son of a....the link for adding photos is locked up. I have some screen shots to display so I can show what I saw. 

I've noticed a few quirks that I don't much care for.  I can quote parts of posts, but it doesn't give the attribution, just the text.  And when a notification pops up on the bottom of the screen I see a black bar with the avatar, but no text telling me if it is someone responding to the thread I'm reading or to one of my posts.

I think I'll survive, though.

With the black bar, I can tell that it is a new message, but it won't let me click on it to show it.

Archived