SASS Wire Forum

Lost a good cowboy

Rye Miles #13621

Sad to hear that our good pard Catlow passed away quietly in his home in Arizona. He’ll be missed. Prayers for his wife and family. :(

Just got this from his brother Tim on facebook. What a shock!! Great friend and Cowboy. Will be missed...Prayers to Jan/Annabell and to his whole family.

RIP my friend

Faygo Kid and Eleanor

Wow, sorry to hear this. Always had a big smile and kind words for everyone. Great cowboy. Always invited us to stay with his bunch in "Catlow City" at Michigan State every year. He will be missed. Prayers out to Annabell and family.

Great Cowboy, Mentor, Good Friend, I'm shocked to hear this & I'll miss him, his advice, and his good sense of humor

--Dawg

Prayers up for all the family. Was just thinking about him yesterday when I was voting for the members at large for the Wolverine Rangers. Seems like he has been involved forever. Gonna be missed. 

Prayers for the family and his friends. We have lost too many great cowboys in the last couple of years.

†Prayers for the Family†

Prayers out to  Family and friends. 

R.I.P Catlow.

This is such sad news! Catlow was a frequent competitor at DSC Utica in Michigan and was always willing to lend a hand on every posse he was on. Great sense of humor and made everyone a better person by just being around him. He will be missed. Our prayers go out to his whole family from the DSC Cowboys.

Rest in peace my friend.

J.J. Longley

When I received the call last night I was deeply saddened. When I shared the news to Sassy she just wept. Sassy stated that when she started shooting he was the first and only shooter to ever chew her out for an incident but over the years he become such a great friend to us both. In fact the pistols she shoots now were his. After borrowing the pair after one of hers went down on a 3-day she somehow sweet talked him out of the pair... ladies charm I guess. His smile and presence will be GREATLY missed!! Prayers out to the family...     

RIP Catlow!

Badfinger Bodene and Sassy Southpaw.

Our prayers are with him and his family!!

Shocked this morning at our ACSA match at Ben Avery to hear the news. He'd  planned to bring a couple of pistols we were going to do some horse trading on. Texted me yesterday. Very sad indeed. Great guy always positive and with a smile and a good story. We'll miss him here in Arizona

I m sadden today by the loss of Catlow a friend, we shot together for many years at Range War.

He was my posse leader for over 15 years, I looked forward every year getting together with him in Michigan on the labour day weekend. My condolences to his brother Two Gun Tim and his Family.

Rest in peace my friend you will be missed by all your Canadian Friend.

Lefty

Lady Crossdraw and I are deeply saddened by his sudden passing.  We will miss him.  Our shoot will never be the same without his great friendship and humor.  He was truly a great cowboy.

Our prayers goes out to Annabelle and family. RIP Catlow. You will be greatly missed by all. 

This is a shock.

Prayers & condolences to friends & family.  (and SASS is a big family)

We shot together for many years & shared many a good lunch with friends after the shoot.

I am absolutely stunned by his passing.  Condolences to his family.  Will miss his smile and outgoing personality when he was here in Arizona for the winter months.  Makes you stop and think how fragile our lives are.  Enjoy, be kind, and love what you have, because tomorrow it could be gone.

So sorry to hear of Catlow's passing. A great friend & cowboy. Conversation and contact with him was always a pleasure. He will be missed. Prayers & thoughts out there for his family.

Have not heard of any arrangements made?

JRJ 

So sorry to hear of Catlow's passing. A great friend & cowboy. Conversation and contact with him was always a pleasure. He will be missed. Prayers & thoughts out there for his family.

Have not heard of any arrangements made?

JRJ 

None so far. I believe his wife's family lives in Az but his family is all here in Ohio so......????? I'll post it on here if I hear of anything ;)

Got this today from Woody Shootem.

--Dawg

Folks,

I wanted to give you all an update on arrangements for Catlow (Jim Tierney), who passed away suddenly and unexpectedly last week at his winter home in Arizona.

They will be having a funeral mass for Catlow in Arizona sometime after December 30 once his wife Janet receives his cremains.  Janet will remain in Arizona for the winter as planned.  For the time being she is planning on keeping Catlow’s cremains on a shelf in the garage for the winter – she says that’s where he spent most of his time, so she doubts he would mind spending the winter there.

In the spring, Catlow’s brother, Two Guns Tim (Tim Tierney), his wife Kris and his son Rowdy Ryan (Ryan Tierney) will travel to Arizona to bring Janet back to Ohio.  There will be a funeral mass here in Ohio sometime in the spring.  The date is not yet decided.

For of you wishing to send a sympathy card to Janet, her address is:

Janet Tierney

28024 N. 151st Avenue

Surprise AZ 85387-6196

If you would like to send a sympathy card to Catlow’s brother Tim, his address is:

Tim Tierney

2816 107th St.

Toledo, OH 43611

We will keep you posted once there is a date set for the funeral mass in Toledo.

Sincerely,

Woody Shootem

Assistant Match Director, Stoney Bottom Regulators

Prairie Dawg thanks so much for posting the information in regards to Catlow.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

Archived