SASS Wire Forum

I must avert my eyes UPDATE 12/17

Utah Bob #35998

I said to myself as the guy in the lgs pointed to the display case where he had placed a new arrival.

But I couldn’t look away. It was a King Cobra. He snatched it from it’s resting place and forced it into my hands. I gave it back and dashed out of the store, about 30 minutes later.

Now I curse the fellow for making handle it. I’ll probably curse him again when I write the check. If only I can hold out till after Christmas.....

See update below.

I hope you love it as much as I love mine! Smooth action, nice trigger, accurate as all get out!;)

My wife & I visited Kleinschmidts western store a couple of weeks ago. A candy store for all cowboy clothing in Higginsville, MO. We walked out with an awesome suede leather jacket featuring a bit of decorative beading and fringe on the sleeves and upper torso. I’m not allowed to look at again until Christmas. How many days left till then?

I went to the jeweler’s and made it rain Benjamins for my wife’s present so I think I can get away with this.

It just somehow felt.....right. Knowhutimean? 

New Colt Python supposed to be out soon.....this will be a must have.

Where did you hear that at? I just bought an unfired Python from 1993, it's not unfired anymore!:D

I said to myself as the guy in the lgs pointed to the display case where he had placed a new arrival.

But I couldn’t look away. It was a King Cobra. He snatched it from it’s resting place and forced it into my hands. I gave it back and dashed out of the store, about 30 minutes later.

Now I curse the fellow for making handle it. I’ll probably curse him again when I write the check. If only I can hold out till after Christmas.....

That'll teach ya to say away from places the pushers hang out!!

It just somehow felt.....right. Knowhutimean? 

The LGS near me that sells most autoloaders and tactical type firearms has the Cobra and the King Cobra. I “averted my eyes”. I did not look at the price tags...very hard to do but I was able. 
The sales guy offered to show them to me and I politely declined “under punishment of death”. 
My wife would probably kill me if I buy another gun anytime soon. 4 guns in 3 months...I wonder where it’s written in the Female Book that this is a bad thing? Does anyone have access to that book?

The LGS near me that sells most autoloaders and tactical type firearms has the Cobra and the King Cobra. I “averted my eyes”. I did not look at the price tags...very hard to do but I was able. 
The sales guy offered to show them to me and I politely declined “under punishment of death”. 
My wife would probably kill me if I buy another gun anytime soon. 4 guns in 3 months...I wonder where it’s written in the Female Book that this is a bad thing? Does anyone have access to that book?

If you ever find that Female Book Pat send me a copy! In two days it'll be 41 years and I still can't figure that stuff out! LOL!

Won’t do you any good. All the pages are blank. Text only reveals itself when the eyes of a woman gaze upon them. ;)

Won’t do you any good. All the pages are blank. Text only reveals itself when the eyes of a woman gaze upon them. ;)

Ah-ha! That explains the journals with nothing in them. The ones that always seem to be around and get moved from one place to another. They reside with other books hiding in plain sight...

Well, that explains a lot...

Yet, it explains nothing...

I will hide them. That will fix things. Oh, but wait, women have memories like steel traps, selective memories, but memories with an edge like a razor. Memories they wield like the hammer of Thor. This plan is flawed...I will have to think about this and get back to you all...

I am pretty sure auto correct is a thing invented by and maintained by women. My pertinent and eloquent statements above appeared as utter gibberish as I was about to hit “Submit Reply” I noticed the gibberishness and corrected it. 

I fear I am now doomed...blast you Sedalia Dave!
Now I know a secret that I cannot un-know. Now I know about what I could know if I could read a book that I cannot read...Doomed....doomed....doomed....

:D

UPDATE - TUESDAY, 12/17

So today I wandered into the shop again. Well, not so much wandered as purposefully strode inThere was a conspicuous empty space on the shelf where the Coly had been. Seth, the owner saw my expression. “Something wrong?”, he asked.

“The King Cobra .....it’s gone”, I sobbed.

”Yup. Sold it yesterday”

Then like Julia Roberts in the fancy boutique in Pretty Woman, I began to dig bills out of my pockets.“But I was gonna buy it”, I whined. “I’ve already ordered a holster”. Tears began to fall.
“You snooze, you lose”, said a not particularly helpful bystander.

”Hang on”, says Seth, “I”ll call the Durango store and see if we have one there”

Several agonizing minutes later he returned.

“Well”, he said slowly as I began to curl into a fetal position. Ruger, the gun shop dog came over and sniffed me sympathetically.

“We have one. I’ll go over and get it this afternoon. You can pick it up tomorrow”.

I leapt into the air. A warm breeze blew the shop door open and several bluebirds flew in.

”I’ll be here at 6”, I yelled as I skipped merrily out to my truck. 

“I’ll be here at 10”, he said.

Merry Christmas to me.

So today I wandered into the shop again. Well, not so much wandered as purposefully strode inThere was a conspicuous empty space on the shelf where the Coly had been. Seth, the owner saw my expression. “Something wrong?”, he asked.

“The King Cobra .....it’s gone”, I sobbed.

”Yup. Sold it yesterday”

Then like Julia Roberts in the fancy boutique in Pretty Woman, I began to dig bills out of my pockets.“But I was gonna buy it”, I whined. “I’ve already ordered a holster”. Tears began to fall.
“You snooze, you lose”, said a not particularly helpful bystander.

”Hang on”, says Seth, “I”ll call the Durango store and see if we have one there”

Several agonizing minutes later he returned.

“Well”, he said slowly as I began to curl into a fetal position. Ruger, the gun shop dog came over and sniffed me sympathetically.

“We have one. I’ll go over and get it this afternoon. You can pick it up tomorrow”.

I leapt into the air. A warm breeze blew the shop door open and several bluebirds flew in.

”I’ll be here at 6”, I yelled as I skipped merrily out to my truck. 

“I’ll be here at 10”, he said.

Merry Christmas to me.

You still need two...One for each hand....One Christmas gift and one New Years gift....And of course there is always your Birthday....

Texas Lizard

Glad you won't be kicking yourself for the rest of this life. I once found the prettiest 4" blue Smith 19 that was supposedly used, looked brand new, box and all, lovely Goncalo target grips, $300 (That WAS a lot more back at that time). Would have made a perfect mate for my M-18 .22. I needed another .357 like a dead horse needs flies, so I passed. My butt is chronically sore cause I been kicking it for 20 odd years now.

JHC

Glad you won't be kicking yourself for the rest of this life. I once found the prettiest 4" blue Smith 19 that was supposedly used, looked brand new, box and all, lovely Goncalo target grips, $300 (That WAS a lot more back at that time). Would have made a perfect mate for my M-18 .22. I needed another .357 like a dead horse needs flies, so I passed. My butt is chronically sore cause I been kicking it for 20 odd years now.

JHC

Sweetest gun I ever had been kicking myself for 35 years for selling it.

Sweetest gun I ever had been kicking myself for 35 years for selling it.

I have a 2 1/2" custom tuned nickel that lives in my bug out bag. Thought about it long and hard and decided it would be hard to beat if TSHTF.

JHC

I have a 2 1/2" custom tuned nickel that lives in my bug out bag. Thought about it long and hard and decided it would be hard to beat if TSHTF.

JHC

Agreed. One helluva gun.

Some of you purists may complain about the appearance of this gun but, I'll take!

Archived