SASS Wire Forum

Virginia might use National Guard to enforce gun control laws

Raylan

So they propose possibly using the military to enforce their gun control plans. What could go wrong? Maybe Virginia Governor Ralph Northam could consult with Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage to get some pointers on that.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/the-law-is-the-law-virginia-democrats-float-prosecution-national-guard-deployment-if-police-dont-enforce-gun-control

What could go wrong? Exactly.

Would love them to apply their logic against 2nd amendment sanctuary counties to Illegal Immigrant sanctuary cities....I think that would make them say “oh.....” if they thought it through.

random joke

Bernie Sanders walls into a bar and yells “Free Drinks!”  After everyone starts in he then yells “Who’s paying?”

Election year rhetoric

Part of me says to this, I don't think so. They are more emboldened to crush the 1A and 2A parts of the Constitution's BoRs than they ever have been.

But the other part of me says it's easier to go after guns then to openly continue to adopt policies of abortion and immediate post birth baby murder.

The left figures by punishing gun owners they are punishing Trump supporters and they are going to punish everyone they can for Trump beating HRC in 2016. It's all about punitive damages right now, damn the consequences.

That's right Elections are coming and we can all put a stop to everything right at the Voting booth , 

Like I have said all along ! 

Blomberg really needs to be stopped. 

He is another Hitler in the making ! 

I have posted this link before but it is apparently time to refresh it:

http://monsterhunternation.com/2018/11/19/the-2nd-amendment-is-obsolete-says-congressman-who-wants-to-nuke-omaha/

I have posted this link before but it is apparently time to refresh it:

http://monsterhunternation.com/2018/11/19/the-2nd-amendment-is-obsolete-says-congressman-who-wants-to-nuke-omaha/

Every time I see that smug #&*%##^ speak I'd like to hit  him squarely in the mouth...

with a Louisville Slugger...

repeatedly...

if that offends anyone, get over it.

I'm trying to figure out how that is going to work. Two things immediately come to mind.

As a member of the National Guard, you swear an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States as well as the Constitution of the state you enlist in. I have a hunch that many in the Guard, if they are anything like I served with, will see this as unconstitutional. Now, add to that the fact that, if they are like those I served with, they have their own privately owned MSRs, and would be affected by the ban, and I see a real problem for the governor as commander in chief.

So?  The Governor deploys the Guard.  The President federalizes it by Executive Order as Kennedy did with the Alabama Guard in 1963....and orders it to prevent the very actions the Governor tried to have it perform...  that seems entirely possible... am I missing something?

I hope that  "the law is the law" comment gets thrown back  in his face with full force.  Not just referencing the Immigration Sanctuary cities where the left is being so hypocritical, but also the Civil Rights movement and the Nuremberg Laws of 1930's Nazi Germany...     "So you support the NSDAPs right to make and enforce those laws?"    

As a member of the National Guard, you swear an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States as well as the Constitution of the state you enlist in. I have a hunch that many in the Guard, if they are anything like I served with, will see this as unconstitutional. Now, add to that the fact that, if they are like those I served with, they have their own privately owned MSRs, and would be affected by the ban, and I see a real problem for the governor as commander in chief.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the National Guard ignoring orders.  There might be a few holdouts, but I bet there would be a large percentage of people who would gladly go put the boot down on white supremacists/republicans/alt righters, who gun owners will be smeared as.

This has got to be UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!! He'll never get away with this!:angry:

I'd list all the unconstitutional things that are routinely done  almost daily by the governments of our fine country; federal, state, county, parish, city, town, and even HOAs.  I'd like to but there isn't enough paper and ink to get it done and I'm only one person.  I'll be the first to admit that I am an unusually bright, handsome, brave, and most modest person, but still just one.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the National Guard ignoring orders.  There might be a few holdouts, but I bet there would be a large percentage of people who would gladly go put the boot down on white supremacists/republicans/alt righters, who gun owners will be smeared as.

I'm going to beg to differ. While there may be some, particularly officers, who would waffle, I don't believe that would necessarily be the case with the rank and file. While there may certainly be dissension, I think you misread the membership. I served in the National Guard for 18 of my 23 years of service, retiring in 2012 as an NCO. In the early nineties, DOD decided to shift all combat arms units to the National Guard, and the Army Reserve became more support oriented. Why is this important? Well, it has been my experience that combat arms types tend to be very pro-2A, and are very proud and protective of their guns and their rights.

Most of us felt we were the ones painted as being fascists/racists/Republicans/Alt-Right, etc... Regardless of skin color. I know you meant no offense, but I had to take a moment before replying, and even then edit my reply because, at an emotional level, I took your comment about those who would "gladly go put the boot down" as a shot across my own bow. I can't, and won't, speak for everyone, but among those I know and served with, I wouldn't be surprised to see wide spread disobedience to such orders.

As an interesting aside, during my final deployment, we replaced the 29th Infantry Division of the Virginia National Guard. Since we worked alongside them learning the ropes, we got to know them well. Man for man, those we worked with were far more conservative than we were, and that is saying something. 

Provocation, that's all it is.  They are trying to provoke gun owners into committing some atrocity.  They will then use that atrocity to further marginalize and demonize gun owners in the eyes of the sheeple.  They work a step at a time.  When you think of gun control measures, just remember how the same leftys moved public opinion on smoking, homosexuality, infanticide, CO2 and countless other topics.

Please explain why you think this is unconstitutional ?

were  the firearms acts of 1930 and 34  as well as the 68 GCA , not to mention the  AWB’s in many states not upheld?

If local LE fails in it’s duties the Gov can and have called  Out the guard many times in many states . 

I can’t believe that for decades we were warned about this and we have ignored the warnings 

Always told myself not in my lifetime!?

On another forum some random guy posted about his experiences in a couple Tennessee gunshops. According to random guy, people were engaged, aware and "ready to take action". Yeah, right.

Lets face it. Ninety percent of the people in this country aren't even aware of the crimes committed by their own government in the name of impeachment, much less the previous two scams to oust the President which also failed. They seem to be totally unaware that the Ukrainian phone call was instigated by suggestions to the President by his own National Security Council. The same one the whistleblower worked at, and which the good Col Vindman confirmed just who that was during his testimony to the intelligence committee. In short, it was another scam to oust the President , probably masterminded by a certain former CIA director. Maybe. These people watch cable/network news and seem to be totally disconnected from reality. There's a difference between talking and doing. As long as there's beer in the fridge and a game on the telly, they're all hat and no cattle.

I will however, applaud the loud and raucus objections by the citizens of Virginia. Make no mistake however, the democrats will not stop. What they  will do next now that they have everybody's attention is walk back from the confiscation and "settle" for a limited ban and registration, etc.

That is the same thing and the people of Virginia should have one answer. NO.

Its quite obvious that the democratic party is not that anymore. They have morphed into something entirely new. Those pleasant dinners President Ronnie Reagan had with Speaker Tip O'Neil after a contentious day of arguments in the House, pleasant discourse, REAL compromise...those days are gone. Whatever the democrats are now, they mean to force their will upon the rest of us by any means necessary.

Across the Nation crime is down. The media of course uses any excuse to amplify what fits their narrative and supress that which does not. There's only one reason they want our guns. Just one. Their focus on weaponry is not substantiated by the facts. It has nothing to do with safety. Guess what it is? Nuff said.

God damn the man in uniform who participates in gun confiscation orders.  

The man who complies with this order is despicable and a complete disgrace to his uniform. 
He will most likely be shot trying to enforce that order.

Every man and woman in every branch of the military and national guard pledges this oath:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;"

Democrat attempts to rape the Constitution constitutes a 'domestic enemy.'

The Founding Fathers expressly wrote the 2nd Amendment to defend against government tyrants like Democrats.

Something else to consider. 

FB_IMG_1576450802485.jpg

What's interesting, is that VA is a full auto state, meaning you can have heavy artillery, more so than a state like NJ.  

What I personally wonder about are the lefties I know in VA, who own said heavy artillery, and what exactly are they thinking?

The news this weekend seems to indicate they are willing to put aside confiscation in favor of simple registration.  Whew!

Now, VA shooters are supposed to thank them for their magnanimity and happily comply with registration.  (Honest, we won't try confiscation after registration.)

Should be interesting...

Lawmakers create laws that infringe on citizens' rights, even knowing that the law will be challenged, and possibly thrown out, in court.

A really irritating aspect to the whole process is that the state will use taxpayers' funds to pay lawyers to defend the laws that infringe, while citizens have to dig into their own pockets to pay lawyers to challenge unconstitutional laws.

It might run a little differently if 'representatives' in government had to reimburse the government for legal fees in challenges to laws that were thrown out for being unconstitutional.

Lawmakers create laws that infringe on citizens' rights, even knowing that the law will be challenged, and possibly thrown out, in court.

A really irritating aspect to the whole process is that the state will use taxpayers' funds to pay lawyers to defend the laws that infringe, while citizens have to dig into their own pockets to pay lawyers to challenge unconstitutional laws.

It might run a little differently if 'representatives' in government had to reimburse the government for legal fees in challenges to laws that were thrown out for being unconstitutional.

A friend of mine from law school made the exact same suggestion.

Archived