SASS Wire Forum

Christmas and it's reason.

Raylan

One of my favorite movie scenes telling one of Christ's most powerful parables.  James Farentino is excellent as Peter. 

My favorite Christmas 'thoughts':

"Christmas means you never have to ask GOD how much he loves you"

"PEACE - its not about the absence of conflicts or war.

Its the presence of a Person.....Jesus".

..........Widder

So often we hear, "Jesus is the Reason for the Season". But I tell you that you and I are the reason for the season. If it was not for our sins there would be no reason for a Savior. We are the Reason for the Season needing a Savior for Forgiveness. And that Forgiveness came upon a cross from the perfect sacrifice of that Man, Jesus.

The actual reason Christmas exists at all was a Roman Emperor whom combined several Pagan Rituals and Winter Solstice celebrations to unite a bunch of conflicting factions.  Read about it.

Another Christmas film I like is from "Peanuts."  Linus is always seen holding his security blanket.  But, as Linus is giving the true meaning of Christmas, he comes to the declaration from the Angel of the Lord and when the angel says, "Fear not," notice that Linus drops his security blanket!   I think there is a message there.

Christmas is a wonderful time of year. 
People are friendlier. Friends and family get together. Those that celebrate the birth of Christ rejoice. Those that do not still get Into the spirit of Christmas. It’s a wonderful time of year...

Except for in parking lots. That is where the devil and his minions hang out and bring out the worst in people. :P

The actual reason Christmas exists at all was a Roman Emperor whom combined several Pagan Rituals and Winter Solstice celebrations to unite a bunch of conflicting factions.  Read about it.

Maybe not.

http://apologetics-notes.comereason.org/2015/12/no-christmas-is-not-based-on-pagan.html
https://www.orthodoxytoday.org/blog/2012/12/calculating-christmas-not-based-on-pagan-festivals/

Archived