SASS Wire Forum

I Miss Pat Sajack

Yul Lose

Don’t get me wrong, Vanna White is easy on the eyes but Pat’s the better host. I hope he mends fast.

My thought as well. I think they should have brought an experienced host in for a few days.

I miss 'im too.  But hey... I'll let the gal have her chance - it's temporary, and she's been there since Donald was a duckling.

Also, she's more fun to watch at the letters than Minnie Mouse!  :mellow:

I miss 'im too.  But hey... I'll let the gal have her chance - it's temporary, and she's been there since Donald was a ducking.

Also, she's more fun to watch at the letters than Minnie Mouse!  :mellow:

Well Minnie is doing a better job than Mickey did last night but you are correct, Vanna is much more fun to watch.:wub:

Howdy,

Vanna is new at this  and excited and probably would LOVE everything to

go back like it was.

With Pat you got a very polished host.

He just makes it look easy.

Hope he mends well.

Best

CR

Howdy,

Vanna is new at this  and excited and probably would LOVE everything to

go back like it was.

With Pat you got a very polished host.

He just makes it look easy.

Hope he mends well.

Best

CR

Yeah, I even miss Pats corny jokes, I don’t think Vana has cracked one yet.

I think she acts silly.   What's funny is that my wife also thinks she is silly.

My wife and I don't often agree on these kind of things..... ;)

GET WELL SOON, PAT!

..........Widder

She's doing a great job of filling in. There's a different vibe to the show. I do like Pat better but quit picking on the girl!!:P:P:P

Vanna is nervous. She has been at the board and comfortable at that job and then suddenly put out of her comfort zone. She is trying like heck to fit in and doing the best she can. Yes, in no way is she Pat and she knows it, but, doing the best she can for Pat.

Vanna is nervous. She has been at the board and comfortable at that job and then suddenly put out of her comfort zone. She is trying like heck to fit in and doing the best she can. Yes, in no way is she Pat and she knows it, but, doing the best she can for Pat.

+1, I think once she gets a little more comfortable talking, she will do fine. Gotta figure she never really had to talk much doing the letter turning.

The question is, why did they put her in that position? She asked? Pat asked? They saved money by not bringing in somebody else? We'll probably never know.

The question is, why did they put her in that position? She asked? Pat asked? They saved money by not bringing in somebody else? We'll probably never know.

I read somewhere that Pat called in last minute for emergency surgery and they had no time to plan so Vanna stepped up to the plate to pinch hit! She’s doing fine!

If I remember right, about a month ago Sajak had emergency surgery for a blocked intestine. That means that the shows are taped one month in advance so by now Sajak is probably healed up and doing the show again. I forgot to watch Vanna's "debut" the other day. From what they said on the news, she had hosted once before years ago when Sajak had laryngitis....didn't get to see that either.

Okay, I watched tonight's show.....I know she's doing the best she can do but......if she'd been doing the show from the beginning, it would have been a very short run show.

I disagree, the whole draw is the GAME...... not who hosts it!

She would have grown into the job just like Pat did!;)

I disagree, the whole draw is the GAME...... not who hosts it!

She would have grown into the job just like Pat did!;)

Not a chance. She got there on her looks not her wit, she’s about as dry as they come humor wise. Vana is a big part of the draw, I’m thinking if Michell OBama was the letter turner nobody would watch. Do you think Jeopardy would be the same without Alex Tribec? Vana has been thrust into a job and she’s doing the best she can but she ain’t no Pat Sajak.

Not a chance. She got there on her looks not her wit, she’s about as dry as they come humor wise. Vana is a big part of the draw, I’m thinking if Michell OBama was the letter turner nobody would watch. Do you think Jeopardy would be the same without Alex Tribec? Vana has been thrust into a job and she’s doing the best she can but she ain’t no Pat Sajak.

I stand by what I said, It's the games not the hosts!!!

In my opinion Vanna was out of her element. Not her fault. While the game is the draw, the host has a lot to do with the success of a show. Keeping the show moving along, knowing when to comment and when not to is a difficult task for someone not used to the task.

The host and post production people often fix up the dialogue, that’s why you see the disclaimer “portions .... not affecting the outcome have been edited...” that and cue cards are why the host can appear so smart and witty. Vanna just does not have that talent though.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Seen the new little girl?

Best

CR

Pat Sajack's daughter!!!:wub:

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Pat Sajack's daughter!!!:wub:

Best as I could tell there Rye, she don't have a wedding ring on. ;)

18 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

Best as I could tell there Rye, she don't have a wedding ring on. ;)

Yea, but if she was your wife, I could see it now. "Hey honey, what's for supper". Reply "_ _ _  _ _ _ _ _".

45 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Seen the new little girl?

Best

CR

Vana has been on the show now for 35 years I believe, so maybe  Pats daughter is her replacement. 

24 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Vana has been on the show now for 35 years I believe, so maybe  Pats daughter is her replacement. 

Hmmm.....interesting point!;)

6 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Don't know if Pat's daughter will be Vanna's replacement, but Pat is due back next week.  Pat's daughter showed off her one-year-old daughter at the beginning of one show this past week.

I don't think she has a kid.  The one show I saw was her appearance at 1 year old with her father.

1 hour ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

I don't think she has a kid.  The one show I saw was her appearance at 1 year old with her father.

That’s what I was gonna say, it was an old tape and Vanna had short hair.

3 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Don't know if Pat's daughter will be Vanna's replacement, but Pat is due back next week.  Pat's daughter showed off her one-year-old daughter at the beginning of one show this past week.

That was Pats one year old daughter.

Archived