SASS Wire Forum

Indoor CAS at Niles, Ohio Saturday December 14, 2019

Slow Mo Dern

Indoor CAS in Niles, Ohio Saturday!

Saturday December 14, 2019.

Howdy!

The Lake Park Raiders will have their indoor CAS match this Saturday.

Put on some snappy cowboy duds and come join us! 

Doors open at 9:00 am

Lead downrange at 10:00 am following the Pledge of Allegiance and a brief safety meeting.   Hours of fun at last year’s prices! 

Coffee and Donuts in the morning

No lunch will be served so bring your lunch or snacks

We’ll do 5 fun-filled stages guaranteed to put you in a goodly state of merriment and confusion!   

Bring 2 single action revolvers, your lever rifle, and your shotgun!

Do not bring shotgun ammo!      12 gauge and 20 gauge shotgun ammo will be provided by the club!

No gun carts needed!   Leave your cart at home!     We have folding tables covered with horse blankets to lay all your guns on! 

Visitors and spectators are always welcome but you must have safety glasses and hearing protection.

I hope to see you there!

Visit us at:  http://shenangoriverrats.wixsite.com/sass 

I'll be there! giving serious consideration to committing a true cowboy sin. i've got some 44-40 cases sitting on the reloading bench next to a container of that new fangled smokeless powder. :lol: 

If yer shooting them .44-40's from your rifle make sure you get a really good crimp! Ask me how I know!:lol:

If yer shooting them .44-40's from your rifle make sure you get a really good crimp! Ask me how I know!:lol:

Oh yeah I had read that on here somewhere. thought I put a good crimp on everything. Learned real quick making dummy rounds for it that I needed to go above and beyond for these. 

I'll be there! giving serious consideration to committing a true cowboy sin. i've got some 44-40 cases sitting on the reloading bench next to a container of that new fangled smokeless powder. :lol: 

Howdy, Jack! 

The only 2 cowboy sins I know of is not shooting indoors in the winter!  :lol:

The other sin is shooting BP indoors!  :D

Remember, outlaws always have the latest technology!  :P

The weather is supposed to be in the 40's with a chance of showers.  Have a safe trip!

Mo

Have you guys ever tried re-crimping factory ammo?

A famous friend of mine used to buy Outlaw Brand 44-40 and the bullet would sometimes move back into the case when he used them in his rifle.

This caused him constant problems.  

I'm wondering -- would it be possible to re-crimp the whole box of new factory 44-40 ammo before using it in a rifle?  

This way all the rounds would be properly crimped eliminating the "bullet inside the case" problem.

Let me know your thoughts on this, if you would.  Thank you.  

Mo

Hey, Flat Iron Mike, if you're reading this, I'm bringing one of the shotgun poppers for you on Saturday.

Ya'll have fun, I got too much going on this weekend!:(

Hi Rye Miles,

Is that 'cause it's supposed to rain?  We're gonna be inside the building!  :lol:

Sorry you can't make it, Rye.  We're gonna miss you.  Have a safe weekend and we'll see you after Christmas.

Merry Christmas and have a Happy Holiday Season.

Slow Mo and all the bunch!

Hey, Flat Iron Mike, if you're reading this, I'm bringing one of the shotgun poppers for you on Saturday.

Got ya covered boss

Thanks,

Hasta manana

Hi Rye Miles,

Is that 'cause it's supposed to rain?  We're gonna be inside the building!  :lol:

Sorry you can't make it, Rye.  We're gonna miss you.  Have a safe weekend and we'll see you after Christmas.

Merry Christmas and have a Happy Holiday Season.

Slow Mo and all the bunch!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year yo you also!!

Wish I could have joined you.  

I am around the corner in Independence.

No guns.  No ammo.  No time.  :(
Have a great match.

NN

Howdy, Nasty!  

You missed one heck of a match today!  Never a dull moment and a good time was had by most!

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday Season!  

All the best,

Slow Mo Dern

Archived