SASS Wire Forum

WTB Sharps Carbine for plainsman

July Smith

I am looking at a few carbines on Gunbroker but thought I would try here first.  As the title indicates I am interested in purchasing a Sharps Carbine for shooting plainsman.  I would prefer one of the Pedersoli made ones as these seem to be among the better reproductions for the money.  Of course I would be interested in a Shiloh or C. Sharps brand one, but the main thing is it needs to be the single trigger carbine version.  I would prefer 45-70 caliber, because I am already set up for loading this caliber, but could be tempted by other calibers especially if you have brass and dies to include with the rifle.  Not interested in pistol calibers.  Let me know what you have and how much you want for it.

If you decide to look at the Pedersoli Rolling Block target model in 45-70 (single trigger), let me know; have one with the SASS emblem on the receiver; has been hardly shot, well taken care of and sits in the back of my safe, lonely...

Do you have a picture or link to a website showing the configuration of the target model?  Would you mind PM your asking price?

Would you be interested in a Shiloh Sharps Business rifle in .44-77 with brass and dies and high quality vernier tang sight?  My eyes can no longer see through the peep well enough to enjoy shooting it.  Very accurate gun in very fine condition.  If so I'll send a picture and price.

Would you be interested in a Shiloh Sharps Business rifle in .44-77 with brass and dies and high quality vernier tang sight?  My eyes can no longer see through the peep well enough to enjoy shooting it.  Very accurate gun in very fine condition.  If so I'll send a picture and price.

Yes, please PM price and details on the 44-77. 

Unfortunately it is not a single trigger model.  Barrel length is 30" so I wouldn't call it a carbine either.  I haven't gathered up ammo and loading supplies to see what I have yet but it sounds like it is not what you are looking for.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3EUqk6JWoMc9gy8s6

I'll PM you a price after I look through my loading room and if you aren't interested, I'll probably post it for sale

I have a brand new 35 year old .45-70 Shiloh saddle rifle I could just as well sell, but it's a 26" octagon barrel and two triggers.

Bottom one in the pic. Shiloh offers four grades of wood; standard, semi-fancy, extra-fancy, and presentation. Looking at Shiloh's pictures, it's certainly not standard nor presentation grade wood, but I'm at a loss as to which of the other two it might be. Anybody?SharpsFamily.thumb.JPG.699cc6eac3e3f05d7d948d15663b47ea.JPG

SharpsTang.jpg

I have a brand new 35 year old .45-70 Shiloh saddle rifle I could just as well sell, but it's a 26" octagon barrel and two triggers.

Bottom one in the pic. Shiloh offers four grades of wood; standard, semi-fancy, extra-fancy, and presentation. Looking at Shiloh's pictures, it's certainly not standard nor presentation grade wood, but I'm at a loss as to which of the other two it might be. Anybody?SharpsFamily.thumb.JPG.699cc6eac3e3f05d7d948d15663b47ea.JPG

That is a very pretty rifle and is in the caliber I want.  Also looks fairly short when compared to the others.  PM sent for details.

I am looking at a few carbines on Gunbroker but thought I would try here first.  As the title indicates I am interested in purchasing a Sharps Carbine for shooting plainsman.  I would prefer one of the Pedersoli made ones as these seem to be among the better reproductions for the money.  Of course I would be interested in a Shiloh or C. Sharps brand one, but the main thing is it needs to be the single trigger carbine version.  I would prefer 45-70 caliber, because I am already set up for loading this caliber, but could be tempted by other calibers especially if you have brass and dies to include with the rifle.  Not interested in pistol calibers.  Let me know what you have and how much you want for it.

I have a C Sharps 1875 single trigger 26 in barrel with 10 or 12 rounds through it if your interested. I can take pics if you want.

Smokewagon Grampies 

Chris Smith

I have a C Sharps 1875 single trigger 26 in barrel with 10 or 12 rounds through it if your interested. I can take pics if you want.

Smokewagon Grampies 

Chris Smith

I appreciate the offer but I have a deal pending with Three Foot Johnson.

Archived