SASS Wire Forum

A Python, A Honey Badger, and a Pair of Jackals

Sedalia Dave

Was there ever any doubt...?   ^_^

Back in the 90’s I encountered a badger in Holcomb Valley near Big Bear, CA  He was making a production of digging for something, probably a gopher. I saw him from about 100 yards away and that is as close as I got. 
Later I reported to the Forest Ranger that I had seen the badger and he got real excited about it and laid out a map on the hood of his truck for me to show him where I saw the badger. 
I asked him if they would be going over to check out the area and he said “Oh hell no. Your report is good enough for me...and stay the heck away from that area. You don’t want to tangle with a badger.”

I told him he’d get no argument from me. 
I was just happy I got to see one. 

Two good thangs about that video.

1, The snake is dead. (I would presume so.)

2. The Badger is on film and not present here. 

No, the snake was very much alive at the start. You could see it strike the badger. 

No, the snake was very much alive at the start. You could see it strike the badger. 

Well... he was at the beginning.

I believe that at the end he was the guest of honor at dinner.  :rolleyes:

Worlds most dangerous tug of war competition.

A few months after we moved in, my wife calmly informed me there was a badger under the front porch. I went around to the front yard and there he was sitting up in the shade and giving me the stink eye. I told him he could stay there as long as he wanted. He left sometime after my second bourbon.

Archived