SASS Wire Forum

I’m Speechless

From an AP article about a lengthy shootout today in Jersey City, NJ. My emphasis in bold. :angry:

SWAT teams, state police and federal agents converged on the scene, and police blocked off the area, which in addition to the school and supermarket included a hair salon and other shops. Dozens of bystanders pressed against the police barrier to capture the action on their cellphones, some whooping when bursts of fire could be heard.”

People are crazy.

And some are stupid. Very stupid.

Definitely an inability to distinguish real life from what they see on TV.

The police barrier will protect them just as the striped lines on pavement will protect pedestrians from being hit by a car.

I do my best to remain optimistic about humanity in the US.  But all to often natural selection is openly displayed for all to see.  All I took from this was here is a pathetic example of humanity......so sad what some have become.  

Lets all do something kind and unexpected to a stranger this Christmas season....

People came out in droves to watch the first battle of Manassas / Bull Run and were shocked by the violence...because...war!

Yup. Took their buggies and picnic baskets out to the battlefield to see the great show.

Yup. Took their buggies and picnic baskets out to the battlefield to see the great show.

If I remember my movies correctly this was even depicted in the Civil War movie The Blue and the Gray.

Archived