SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pat Riot, SASS #13748

Glock releases the G44 .22LR pistol

Wish I could.  'Tain't allowed in our loverly state, don'tcha know.  :wacko:

:wacko: Were would that be ? 

What are we coming to when you cant have a Single Action .22 Revolver  :rolleyes:

:wacko: Were would that be ? 

What are we coming to when you cant have a Single Action .22 Revolver  :rolleyes:

Who said revolver?

The talk was about semi-auto 22LR.

OLG 

Well, I shot the 1911 for years. From my time in the Navy up until the late 2000's and then one day I decided enough was enough. I got tired of springs going bad, ejectors going bad, parts going bad, magazines going bad. The final straw was a test I did between a Glock 34 and my Colt 1991A1. I shot them round for round over a couple of range trips to see which did better. At 256 rounds the 1911 stated malfunctioning due to dirt buildup. I lubed the guns every 100 rounds. The 1991A1 went no further. The Glock went to 980 rounds before stovepipng. I disassembled  the gun. Knocked it around a bit to get rid of loose chunks, lubed it, reassembled it and then fired another 200 rounds before another malfunction.

I gave the 1991A1 to my daughter. That was that.

I've owned a couple 1911's, I have 1 right now, never had a problem at all! I have probably 1000 rounds through each of them. Never a malfunction or anything broken. I have a Colt Government model Series 80. I also had a Springfield that was great too! Methinks you may have had a lemon!:o

• Like 1

I used to be the typical "I'm not owning one of those plastic tupperware guns" until I grudgingly bought one because it was a great deal. I have 1911's also. Although I love the 1911, I like the Glocks (at least the ones I own) better. Never have had a problem with them and have no problem with the ergonomics of the gun either. In fact, I find them quite comfortable in my hand. Different bites for different likes I guess.....just so long as it's not slide bites.

• Like 1

Hard Pan and Pat, Why in the hell don't you move out or Kalifornia? I lived therr for years and loved it, but now, not on your fife!

Cheers   Hoss C.

For some, it's jobs; for some, it's family.  The latter is the most compelling reason to stay.  :(

• Thanks 1

Let me run some ideas,

Glock 44 +/- 430 plus taxes.

If you don't have a Glock it's fine.

If you have a 17/19/22/23 already buy a 22 adapter kit for $300 and have 2 options and practice with your trigger.

czhen

FL

Let me run some ideas,

Glock 44 +/- 430 plus taxes.

If you don't have a Glock it's fine.

If you have a 17/19/22/23 already buy a 22 adapter kit for $300 and have 2 options and practice with your trigger.

czhen

FL

Yeah, that may be my only way to go...unless Glock makes a CA legal version. 

Czhen Glockmeister  is pre selling the new Glocks for $349  

so it’s not a good idea to get said conversion kit when for a few bucks more you get a complete gun

Lumpy how’d you get a gen 5 G19 in Cali?

Czhen Glockmeister  is pre selling the new Glocks for $349  

so it’s not a good idea to get said conversion kit when for a few bucks more you get a complete gun

Lumpy how’d you get a gen 5 G19 in Cali?

Lumpy bailed and moved to Missouri. ;)

• Thanks 1

:ph34r:  I was, with Lawman's help, getting a handle on Glock model terminology.  Then I realized it was a Teutonic sort of thing as I tried to figure out the current model roster of BMW autos......:wacko:

I think it’s funny when folks gripe about Glock’s numbering system when Smith & Wesson’s numbering system is worse and much more confusing, especially if you look at their Semi-Autos in the past. My eyes really glaze over with those. 

I think it’s funny when folks gripe about Glock’s numbering system when Smith & Wesson’s numbering system is worse and much more confusing, especially if you look at their Semi-Autos in the past. My eyes really glaze over with those. 

I respectfully disagree that S&W's are just as confusing, there's nothing as confusing as the Glock system! Nothing!!:P

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

I respectfully disagree that S&W's are just as confusing, there's nothing as confusing as the Glock system! Nothing!!:P

Sure there is...Congress! :D

• Haha 3

Sure there is...Congress! :D

I totally 100% AGREE with that!!;)