SASS Wire Forum

Bird Brain!

Subdeacon Joe

Crows have become some of my favorite birds. Smart smart birds. Much to my neighbor’s chagrin I feed the crows in my neighborhood. They keep pigeons and seagulls away. They warn of predators. They keep hawks away from eating my songbirds. I like having them around. 

I suspect there are smart crows and dumb crows just like there are smart people and dumb people.  Cool to see what the smart ones can do!  

I suspect the crow was trained.

If he could figure out that Rube Goldberg scenario, why not just push the thing with the meat on it off the table onto the floor? Seems like that would have been simpler.

If he could figure out that Rube Goldberg scenario, why not just push the thing with the meat on it off the table onto the floor? Seems like that would have been simpler.

Would you want to eat something that had been on the floor?  We have established that it is a smart bird.

Even so, that it is capable of learning the complex task is Impressive. 

I've seen videos of crows in the wild opening zippered bags on bikes. 

That bird was trained and any animal can be trained with enough patience and food! It's still pretty impressive though!

Would you want to eat something that had been on the floor?  We have established that it is a smart bird.

As long as he abides by the 5 second rule, I don't see a problem.

That bird was trained and any animal can be trained with enough patience and food! It's still pretty impressive though!

The amazing thing about the dancing bear, is not how well he dances, but that he dances at all.

Archived