SASS Wire Forum

one piece firing pins?

Pecos River Bob

Search some and you'll see several outfits sell'em.

Check Brownells. ;)

OLG 

I'd reckon he's talking about 73 one piece pins if he's looking up RCD's shop.

Is J&J Gunsmithing still selling One piece firing pins, the phone number and email address no longer work.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Who you want at J&J is Roy's Creek Dan.  I believe you can message him on here.

You can also try Snake Oil George aka Doyle Stockstill at J&J Gunsmithing (918)729-0430. They did mine about a year and a half ago and it was a huge improvement for me. Highly recommend them.

You can also try Snake Oil George aka Doyle Stockstill at J&J Gunsmithing (918)729-0430. They did mine about a year and a half ago and it was a huge improvement for me. Highly recommend them.

SOG has done several for me.  I like them and highly recommend  his work.

A one piece FP gives a direct impact from the hammer to the primer without “peeling” back and forth between multiple parts.  Each time energy is transferred from one part to another, some of that energy is lost.  So if a certain energy level is necessary to pop a primer, you don’t need as much input from the hammer with a one piece FP as you would with the stock FP.

Another benefit is that it gives a more ridged continuity in the bolt-firing pin assemble resulting in a firmer feel to the action when used in a ‘73.  This last doesn’t apply to Marlins though, but the first one does.

Thanks for your thoughts, my rifle is a Uberti 73, and I found his Phone number, it had changed since Mr. Pettifoggers article in the January 2016 Cowboy Chronicle

If any one wants more info on the one piece you can find it in the Archives of the Cowboy Chronicle.

I have ordered a One piece firing pin from J&J Gunsmithing. I mailed my bolt to him, he gets it all together and mails it back, I get to install it and thanks to Mr. Pettifoggers instructions from the January 2016 Cowboy Chronicle I know I can do it.  Saves a pile of time and money not having to ship the entire rifle. 

After the installation and a trip to the rifle range I will tell y'all about it.

Pecos River Bob

Archived