SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Ruger Birdshead Grip FrameFOUND ONE!

I'm in need of replacing my Ruger Birdshead grip frame ..I had one but the case I had it in(along with others) that was lost out of my camper on the way from Missouri to my winter camp in Texas. (rough roads beat open my locked storage bay)

Blue or Stainless ...condition is not a top priority

Thanks

Brokenbear

• 2 weeks later...

Bear I have 2 pair of frames and both sets are a slight but definite difference in size.  Let me know or let me hear from you, meantime I can check dem.  Only problem I need to sell as pair. (crosscuthardy@yahoo.com) 337.396.1142

howdy Broken Bear, 

I’d like a ss birdshead grip frame as well.  in case you get more than one.  let me know if one of these pards get through to you, then maybe i can trade for one also.

patiently waitin’

have a safe NYE yall

On 12/22/2019 at 10:15 PM, crosscut hardy said:

Bear I have 2 pair of frames and both sets are a slight but definite difference in size.  Let me know or let me hear from you, meantime I can check dem.  Only problem I need to sell as pair. (crosscuthardy@yahoo.com) 337.396.1142

PM Coming at you

On 12/29/2019 at 9:21 PM, WOLFY said:

howdy Broken Bear, 

I’d like a ss birdshead grip frame as well.  in case you get more than one.  let me know if one of these pards get through to you, then maybe i can trade for one also.

patiently waitin’

have a safe NYE yall

Wolfy

I appreciate your honoring my post and I guarantee you I will  put you on to the gripframes as I get responses

PM me your direct email or smart phone # and I will pass on the SS stuff as I really need a Blue as they are slightly smaller and I am using these to build grips on

Brokenbear

On 12/23/2019 at 7:17 PM, Deacon Stone Sass#58681 said:

I have one in stainless that I would like to trade for a regular frame.  But how do we know if my frame would fit someone else frame?

Thanks 

Deacon

Thanks for your response.... folks will tell you any Ruger gripframe is interchangeable but you are correct in that as evolution of generations occurred there have been slots and recesses added and removed so we would need to start with the basics

Is your Birdshead  a "New Vaquero", old Vaquero/full size Blackhawk mainframe ?

If you have a New Vaquero then any current New Vaquero gripframe will fit (all are magnetic (steel) and will have the same relief cuts)

If you have a large frame Ruger then I would need more details as to it's build date/year and pictures of the gripframe ..one from the side and one straight down from about where the top strap above the cylinder would be

Thanks

Brokenbear

1 hour ago, Broken Bear, SASS#58418 said:

Wolfy

I appreciate your honoring my post and I guarantee you I will  put you on to the gripframes as I get responses

PM me your direct email or smart phone # and I will pass on the SS stuff as I really need a Blue as they are slightly smaller and I am using these to build grips on

Brokenbear

I’m in zero rush.  In fact, the .44 mag vaquero I’d like to change grip frames on is away til after valentimes anyway.  Cheers.

Archived