SASS Wire Forum

My budget cart!

Johnny Prince

Had to save money for guns as I am entering the hobby for 2020.

Harbor Freight Welding cart $60

Bronze paint $5

leather strap $10

foam rifle pads (Amazon) $25

Old yard sale crate $2

$102 

795F8F18-8218-4A9C-9704-0874BF6403CC.jpeg

4B2AB277-D819-43A9-A3A0-3D04A2143640.jpeg

D50240F4-AC15-4DE8-9EE6-42FBE664FD58.jpeg

B79CD5FC-5DB4-4941-8CEC-211098F85C4D.jpeg

5825E5B4-0E96-4209-9830-22AF610AF679.jpeg

Nice job! Good looking cart. If those are pneumatic tires, there are ways to make them "run flat" tires. I'm not sure how but I've seen it posted here on the wire before.

Now get out there and have the time of your life.

Nice job! Good looking cart. If those are pneumatic tires, there are ways to make them "run flat" tires. I'm not sure how but I've seen it posted here on the wire before.

Now get out there and have the time of your life.

Here they are. Amazon has them.

8F2D275A-0BC9-4104-A8FD-6D451552FF53.jpeg

Welcome to the Welding Cart Brigade!!!

I did something similar, and have never felt the need to change/replace the cart.

They are amazingly well balanced....even fully loaded, I can rock it back with one finger, and roll it forward or back with one hand.

Get yourself a couple of U-bolts and add an umbrella.

LL

009.jpg

I put one together using a Harbor Freight cart. I had two problems with it,  weight and width.  It was too wide to get through the door to the rec room without lifting and turning sideways. 

I put a couple of large vinyl coated screw-in hooks on the garage wall, and hung the cart by the handle up off of the floor.  Only door i need to go through is the overhead door.

LL

It looks nice. Lots of NRA bullseye shooters use similar carts. I now have a fancy cart which I also use as a walker at matches. I don't believe that need applies to you YET!  :) Have a great time shooting with us, :D

I put a couple of large vinyl coated screw-in hooks on the garage wall, and hung the cart by the handle up off of the floor.  Only door i need to go through is the overhead door.

LL

We have a detached garage, a machine shead, and other outbuildings but none would be suitable for hanging the cart.

We want ahead and got a Rugged Gear cart.   Passed on the Harbor Freight cart to a new guy. 

Looks good. Do you need some more stuff for that basement? You dont have enough stuff, everybody needs stuff. Welcome to the game now go get yourself a good hat.

Imis

LL

Good idea wish I had thought of that. I keep mine in the "shop" side of the garage but it is always needing to be moved to get to something it is blocking.

LL

That’s a great idea.  Going to do that!

Looks good. Do you need some more stuff for that basement? You dont have enough stuff, everybody needs stuff. Welcome to the game now go get yourself a good hat.

Imis

no more stuff!  It’s my cold gym and I am always trying to get rid of stuff.

that makes a fantastic cart , you did a great job on it and it will serve you well , i started with a golf bag cart , holds my stuff good so i continue using it , i have a rugged gear cart i use for sporting clays but have not seen the need to change out my SASS setup even if it did start as a three gun cart 

With a 20% off coupon, those Harbor Freight welding carts are a great deal even if you are only going to use the wheels. You can't believe how much better pnumatic tires are until you try them!

Here is my HF cart.  Works great but if you put a lot of ammo in the accessory box on back it can get a little top heavy. specially if you have the long guns out for use.  I carry spare ammo in bottom of the cart to keep center of gravity low.  Pneumatic wheels are great, even on uneven rocky terrain.  But the tires and tubes that come with it are poor quality and don't weather well.  I replaced spoke liners, tubes and tires with quality replacements from eBay and resolved that issue.

1891135382_2018-06-2818_37_56.thumb.jpg.690713c15bb02b7a682e52852c0a0767.jpg

wow , you guys got some great carts that i think will serve well , so many great ideas get built into these that all of us can use to improve our own make-shift carts , i admire those that build their own - those that go cheap and those that go all out , these are very personal parts of this experience , they let us be ourselves 

Archived