SASS Wire Forum

We lost a good cowboy today

J-BAR #18287

The Southern Missouri Rangers are hurting tonight.  We lost a good man today.  Roger Brogue, alias Rootin' Tootin' Range Bum died today, presumably from complications of diabetes.

Bum and I frequently competed in Frontiersman Category.  Sometimes he beat me, sometimes I beat him, and the competition was wonderful.  Those who are more eloquent can provide a better eulogy.  He was my friend.  I am diminished.

Dang.

Condolences to his family and friends. Been too many good ones that have left us this year.

Prayers go out to family and friends from Dakota Skipper and the Dawg

Our sincere condolences J-Bar. Prayers up Rootin-Tootin's friends and family.

Ellie & Eyesa

Range Bum was a good one.  First met him and his lovely wife in about 2008.  Always enjoyed his company.  Condolences and prayers for peace and God's comforting hand to Christina and the rest of his family.

I know many hearts are heavy and will remain so.  Condolences to Rootin' Tootin' Range Bum's family and all of those who knew him.  He was kind enough to spend time with me at the last Missouri Black Powder Shoot in July and get me squared away on slickin' up my cap guns so I could shoot Frontiersmen this coming year.  We had dinner with him at the Missouri State Championship last September.  He will be missed greatly.  I greatly appreciated his advice and company.  I will light a candle tonight at church for him and his.  RIP.

Happy trails

Sorry to hear this.  I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him, but it sounds like be was a good cowboy.  Prayers for everyone associated.

Rootin' Tootin' Range Bum was one of the really good cowboys. I was so shocked when I heard this yesterday. Just broke my heart. He was so much fun to be around and always had a great time shooting Frontiersman with him. He helped me more than once with the holy. Man, I'm gonna miss him. Great Pard!:(

Roger was a great guy and a great cowboy. Always enjoyed shooting with him. He was a true asset to the Southern Missouri Rangers and will be missed greatly. Prayers for Cristina and the family. Rest in Peace my friend.

Irish Tom

sorry to hear this , i never got to meet him , i think it was my loss , so many i want to meet and so little time , 

i lost a dear friend yesterday who would have made a great cowboy had he been younger when i encouraged him to join , 

too many going too soon  

Kneemail up for the family.  I'm gonna miss shooting with Range Bum.  RIP old friend.

Watch your 6's cowboys.  Seems like something is after us. Too many of us are sick or injured and when one makes some headway another goes down.

I will miss the competition with Range Bum in the black powder catetgories. We butted heads  many times with me winning some and him winning most.  He will be missed.

To say Adie Belle and I were shocked to hear Range Bum stepped over the rainbow is an understatement.

He always had smile and we had lots of laughs together. Sure will miss him.

Our sincere condolences to Christina and family.

RIP and Happy Trails 

Coyote Kid

I did not know the Pard .

My Prayers go out to his family and friends for peace and understanding. 

Amen 

Prayers to family & friends 

He was laid to rest today, with full Military Honors.  It was a sad day.  There was a lot of his cowboy family in attendance.  Prayers for the Family as it has been really hard for them.   

Archived