SASS Wire Forum

Hello from Kansas

Jed Cooper

Hello everyone. I’m new to the sport. I live just South of Kansas City. I’ve always been a gun enthusiast and have a few of the guns to get started. Work has been busy and I haven’t been able to visit a match at the local club yet. The one I could have made it to was cancelled due to the weather. I look forward to meeting new people and making friends. Hopefully and can get equipped over the winter and be ready come spring.  Been spending some time browsing the posts here and picking up some good info. 

Jed

Welcome to the game. We have a bunch of great clubs in KC. Hope to see you soon. I will send you a PM with my contact info if you want to get the lay of the land. 

Sneaky

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

I live in the Wichita area and my cowboy travels take me to Chapman, Lenexa, and South into Oklahoma for monthlies. Lots and lots of great cowboy folks 'round these parts. Look forward to meeting you.

Welcome to the game!!! Lots of wish list filler here on the wire. Keep up with the classifieds. Have a blast!!!! Definitely some great pards in Kansas. 

Jax T

:DYou will have a lot of fun with us. WELCOME!!! ;)

Missouri cowboys allow Kansans to shoot too!  Don’t hesitate to visit your neighbors to the east.  I can’t officially speak for those in Oklahoma and Arkansas, but I expect you will find them hospitable as well.

:D

There are two clubs very near to you and both shoot twice a month.  Powder Creek is in Lenexa and shoots the 2nd and 4th Saturdays.  http://www.powdercreekcowboys.com/home.html

The other is a little ways south near Parker, Kansas and shoots the first Sunday and third Saturday each month.  (Thou this month they have a make up shoot this coming Sunday, December 8.)  https://freestaterangers.com

You will find plenty of friendly and helpful folks at both.  Sneaky and Two Shoots are great examples and ambassadors.   Come on out and join us!

Parson, 

Thanks for the info. I have checked out their websites and looked around. Definitely going to make out as soon as I can.  My schedule is just not in my favor here recently but hopefully it will be soon. 

The Ozarks Posse is shooting in Cassville, Missouri this Saturday, a little southeast of Joplin.  If you can break away and make a day trip you will find an interesting group to shoot with, including some who will drift  in from Oklahoma and Arkansas.  It’s going to be sunny and warm up nicely—a nice way to start December!! (Invitation extended to everyone of course, not Jed alone.)

Hello everyone. I’m new to the sport. I live just South of Kansas City. I’ve always been a gun enthusiast and have a few of the guns to get started. Work has been busy and I haven’t been able to visit a match at the local club yet. The one I could have made it to was cancelled due to the weather. I look forward to meeting new people and making friends. Hopefully and can get equipped over the winter and be ready come spring.  Been spending some time browsing the posts here and picking up some good info. 

Jed

Welcome to the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!

Randy

Howdy from another Kansas City shooter.  My wife(Fannie Kicker) and I welcome you to the game!  Even though we're retired and gone south most of the winter, we look forward to crossing paths with you soon.  See ya on the range.

Titus

p.s.  Imis, I'm sure the statute of limitations has expired on whatever caused you to leave KC.  Even if it hasn't, I'll cover for ya!:ph34r::P

Jed: Welcome to the game. There is also a club jest west of Topeka, Capital City Cowboys. We shoot on the 4th Sunday, we would be more than happy to have you come shoot with us. If you need some help with your gear just let me know , I have a shop and would be more than happy to help you out.  Bulldog Brown

It’s great that everyone here has been so friendly and welcoming. I look forward to meeting some of you in person some day. About 10 years ago I did some IPSC for a short time. The guys were friendly enough but definitely a competitive bunch and the egos were something else lol. 

Jed

Jed, welcome to the game, pard.  I've shot with some of the Kansas cowboys in your area.  They are all as friendly, helpful and welcoming as can be.  You'll do just fine with all of them.  Wish I lived closer and could make it to more of their matches.  Again, welcome!

Archived