SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse - Velvet Glove

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Michele update: My beautiful angel woke up today and spent most of the day awake. She would watch intently at all who spoke to her and would often show a quick smile. I think we caught a wink or two coming from her, however not quite sure. She was resting comfortably when I left for the evening. I know for a fact the prayers are working. Please keep them coming for she still has a lot of recovery. God bless."

"Michele update: She has been awake and alert this morning. We have been making her smile with our conversations. She continues to pet and stroke the wolf stuffed animal as if it was one of hers. Seeing positive recovery every day. I think we wore her out for she is drifting off to sleep again. Still breathing on her own for over 48 hrs. They want to wean her off the ventilator as soon as possible. Thank you for. The continued prayers. God bless."

Another round of prayers for a very classy lady!!!

Another round of prayers for a very classy lady!!!

It has been a number of years since I have seen her, but "very classy lady" was my very first impression of Velvet Glove and it never changed.  

Praying for all the best.

The latest update sounds really good!

"Michele update: Yet another positive day with no set backs. She had some company and was able to smile. She held the hands of everyone and for some did not want to let go. Papa Freddy was able to make her smile and smirk with his stories and especially with his laugh. Tomorrow they should start assessments and rehab. I pray that she has a restful night and God continues placing his healing arms around her. Please keep the prayers coming. Goodnight and God bless."

"Michele update:
She had a pretty relaxing day with the exception of a low grade temp. I am being told that this is normal with neural patients. She appeared tired today and I am starting to see a trend. One day she is very active and the next she is very tired. On those good days she is over doing it. The main thing is another day of no set packs. She will remain on the trache collar tonight. If she continues without the ventilator, they are talking about putting in a smaller trache with a voice box. Prayers are continuing to work. Thanks for keeping my angel in your prayers. God bless."

Not the best news for Christmas. :(

"Michele update: I do not have good news this morning. Michele ran a fever all night. She was given Tylenol every 4 hours. She is lethargic and unresponsive this morning. Medically they are doing everything possible for her. Everyone is praying for her recovery even the nurses. Continued prayers please."

No one wants to spend Christmas in the hospital. I'm giving her a Heaven shot.

Better news tonight.

"Michele update: Her fever finally broke earlier today and she woke up several times during the day. I was able to get a quick smile out of her. She has been resting well throughout the day. Vitals have looked good all day. Her urine culture came back negative. We all believe her temp issue is due to the brain healing itself. I have been told that almost all neuro patients run a temp. As I type this she is resting well with her stuffed toy wolf cub in her hand. Keep those prayers coming for my angel. Good night and God bless."

Still praying for a complete and speedy recovery! Come on Michelle you can do this!! 

Ain’t enough like you in this world to go around.

Oh dear, this is from last evening. I hope we have better news about Michele Hunter today. "Sorry for the late update but we had a bit of a scare this afternoon. Michele's temp began to spike so we had to place ice packs and a cooling blanket on her. We got her temp under control and then her BP started to bottom out. Pulmonologist decided to place her back in icu. As of now, her temp is good, and vitals are good. They are in the process of ruling out possible sepsis. We want... know for sure until the cultures results start coming in. They did another CT of her head and there is no new brain bleed, no swelling, and the clot has decreased in size. They did find out she was dehydrated due to diarrhea. Looks like my angel just needed a little more TLC in icu. As I left her side at 10pm, she was resting comfortably. Our prayers are being answered. Good night and god bless."

Ain’t giving up!!  Another round of prayers for this wonderful lady!!!

This is the latest I could find. I so :wub: this lady and wish the best for her. Anyone who has met her would understand. She is the personification of spunky!

Michele Hunter update from her page. 9 pm 12-27

Michele was awake and alert this afternoon and responded positively to visitors with small smiles, brow movements, and reaching for your hand. All vitals are good, still running a low grade temp. Dr's performed a csf tap today to help rule out infection. Should get some results back by tomorrow. Infection control Dr started her on broad spectrum antibiotic therapy as well as anti-viral therapy just to be safe. The completed cultures thus far have been negative. We are still waiting for some other culture results. Thanks again for all the prayers, thoughts, and cards. Good night and God bless.

"Not really anything new to report today. Vitals are good, still running a low grade temp. Just spoke with Dr and every culture that has come back so far has been negative. Some of the csf tests had to be sent to a reference lab so it will be a few days before we get results. Her color looks good and she is resting comfortably. They completely removed her from the ventilator and placed her back on a trache collar. She has been awake and alert most of the day and still reaches for visitors hands. She is finally starting to doze off again. Dr believes her lungs are clear now. Please continue those prayers."

I first met her at Shootin in the Shade a whole lot of years ago. she was coming out of her vendor tent as I was going in.  When we got untangled I took a good look and thought "Wow! This is something special".  I still think so.

Like Blackwater said:  Get well! There aren't enough girl types like you.  

New day! Still more prayers!!! 

Maybe with my big buddy, Noz, on the job we’ll get some extra help from the Lord!!!’

:wub:

"Michele is much more alert today. She moves her head more and watches and notices every time someone new enters the room. Her mom and I have got her to respond to her name. We have gotten a few smiles and brow raises as we speak with her. Still a low grade temp, however it is stable. BP started to raise some but they are medicating to keep it down. She is currently petting her wolf toy as her mom reads her favorite book Gone With The Wind. Keep those prayers coming for my angel. God bless."

:wub:

I'm not really doing much. The updates are written by her husband, Freddie, AKA Headstone.

Some of us don't do Facebook so you are providing us much appreciated updates. This thread also provides  a central place for the SASS family to share their thoughts. 

Good News

"This has been the best day for Michele since she was admitted. After her gall bladder procedure this morning, I let her rest all day without disturbing her or touching her. She slept sounding most of the day, breathing very deeply and without violent coughs. She was able to keep her temp normal for most of the day. It did get to 100 once but her body brought it back down without medication. Her BP remained pretty constant today with little medication. When our dear friends/family from Texas came in, Michele greeted them with a few smiles, brow raises, and a raised hand. After I left, I was told that she was responding to the nurses request for gripping hands, and thumbs up. I am definitely seeing prayers in action. Thank you all for the continued support. She will come back to us. Goodnight and God bless."

From Freddie a minute ago, "Michele is very awake and alert this morning. We are still getting smiles, brow raises, and hand reaching. She responded to the Dr when he asked her to lift her hand; she lifted it up for him. I just got through reading all of her cards to her. She looks intently at the cards as I read. We are in the waiting process for insurance to move her to long term acute care. Her temp has remained good all morning. Thanks again for all the thoughts, prayers, and cards for my angel."

That is such good news. Hopefully the rest of recovery will be much more rapid. I hope when she recovers we get to see each other again because she is such a classy lady and just so sweet to everybody. 

I will continue and redouble my own prayers for her and for Headstone. May the new year bring health peace and comfort to the both of them!

2 hours ago: "Michele had a very active day. She remained awake and alert all day, despite me trying to get her to take a nap. She was observing everything she could see and was fidgeting with everything she could touch. She is responding to some commands, lift hand up, give a thumbs up. Her temp remained good all days without drugs, and I believe she only received BP medication once. The Dr classified her as no longer critical so they are in the process of moving her to a "icu step down" floor. We were waiting on a room however that may not happen until tomorrow. I will update once that has occurred. One of her cowboy friends mentioned finding a "fidget blanket" for her to interact with. One of our dear friends is reaching out to the hospital volunteers to try and get one. Michele was moving that left arm and hand like an octopus trying to touch everything. So much so I had to tighten down her restraint when she started fidgiting with the vital things. Overall I think she had a positive day. She was finally drifting off when I left for the evening. Again, thank you for all the thoughts, cards, and especially the prayers. These are bringing her back to us one day at a time. Good night and God bless."

1/1/2020 a few minutes ago. "Michele has been moved to ICU Step Down floor rm 537. She is alert and awake, not quite as active as yesterday. I think she over did it yesterday. Still reacting to family and friends. All vitals looks good. Maybe she will rest more today. Keep those prayers coming"

Another round of Knee Mail heading her way.

Cheeka posted this yesterday.

"After work today I went to visit my sweet friend Michele Hunter. She was awake when I arrived and she reached out to hold my hand. We had a wonderful visit, as I talked with her she would smile and raise her eyebrows and clasped my hand. My eyes were filled with tears and my heart filled with joy as I see the power of our prayers being answered! Thank you all and please continue to keep Michele and Freddy in your prayers!
KJV James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up...
KJV James 5:16 ... The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Archived