SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse - Velvet Glove

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found a more recent update.

"This is Freddy, aka Headstone, please bare with me for this is my first post on fb. Michele is still unconscious. She showed some positive signs this morning, brow scowl, frown, eye movement, left arm tried to reach up and remove respirator, left leg retracting and extending. I even received quick hand grip from her right hand. Her BP remained stable through the night. She is scheduled for an mri tomorrow. Still a long road ahead. Keep those prayers coming."

Here is an update.

"This is Freddy, aka Headstone, Michele had a good restful night, BP remains good. Still unconscious, responded to pain stimulus this morning on sternum, left hand, left foot, right foot. She did move her left foot toes slightly when asked to. She respond to the cold stethoscope on her chest, moves head side to side. It may be tiny steps but at least it's positive. She is scheduled for mri at 9 this morning. May not receive results till tomorrow morning. I think you all for the prayers. Please keep them going."

Too many cowboys and cow girls hurting from accident or injury.

All need prayers for health and safety!

Let us all repair our damages and get ready for spring shoots!

Update by Freddie a few minutes ago.

"Wanted to get this posted before I go get some rest. They did a corneal sensitivity test on Michele and she reacted positively blinking both eyes. Even got a slight hand squeeze from her right hand. This is good news since the blood clot is located in the left hemisphere. Prayers are working, keep them coming for my precious angel."

Update by Freddie a few minutes ago.

"Wanted to get this posted before I go get some rest. They did a corneal sensitivity test on Michele and she reacted positively blinking both eyes. Even got a slight hand squeeze from her right hand. This is good news since the blood clot is located in the left hemisphere. Prayers are working, keep them coming for my precious angel."

Will do.  Also some thanks due to what sounds like a group of really dedicated, capable medical people.   May God bless them all.  

Update from Freddie, 2 hours ago.

"Update on Michele: clinical picture is still the same, still unconscious. Very active this morning moving left arm and leg, moving head side to side. We get a frown and scowl whenever she is messed with. Still responding to pain stimulus. CT scan looked good this morning. Dr said it looks like their is a slight decrease in the clot. No swelling so Dr said he was going to cap off the skull drain tube and monitor her pressure. She moves her head every time I touch her face.... Waiting on surgery to schedule PEG feeding tube today. Have not seen pulmonologist yet to see when they will try to ween her off of ventilator.
Someone asked if surgery was an option, no. 60 mL blood clot is located too deep in left hemisphere. Neurosurgeon said it would do more damage than good. He is letting her body breakdown and absorb clot. Still a waiting game. Prayers are working so please keep them coming for my precious angel.
"

This is for those of you who do not know Velvet Glove. She is truly an admirable lady. Please read this.

https://awards.nra.org/awards/marion-p-hammer-woman-of-distinction-award/michele-hunter/?fbclid=IwAR17BoCsY-SEiPlxL4mExoJ4pSvTNN3aWiLYS_1TiNlkCxCtXKIiDBBezXk

This is the latest from Freddie on Michele Hunter, Velvet Glove. "Update on Michele: She had a very active day. All arms, legs moving, looked like she was in a marathon. Both hands able to grip, head moving side to side. She has one mean scowl when people mess with her. Eyes opened for a little while a few times, still not quite awake. If CT tomorrow shows no change , Dr will remove cranial drain tube and arm arterial line. Prayers are working. Keep them coming for my precious angel."

:wub: 

Another prayer for good progress for her.

The Knee Mail seems to be working.

Latest from Freddie. "Michele update: The cranial drain tube was removed today. She is going to be so pissed about her haircut. Not a lot of activity today, however she was holding on to our hands with both of her hands. Opened eyes more today, however still not fully conscious. She had a very restful day and looked very comfortable when I left. Thank you again for all the prayers and thoughts for my precious angel. She will have much to read on fb when she awakens. Until tomorrow."

Bless you Allie Moe, for all you are doing for Michele and the rest of us here.

Thanks for keeping us all updated Allie.   WE do appreciate it.

Velvet Glove is still in our Prayers for a good recovery.

I sent a Christmas Card with 'well wishes' included to the address you gave me.

I hope it gets there.

..........Widder

From Headstone an hour ago. "Michele update: the doctors and nurses said there would be good days and bad days during the recovery process. This was one of those not real good days. Her heart rate began running high today so they had to sedate her again to keep it down. She had a fever today 101 when last checked. The nurse told me this was very common with stroke victims, part of the healing process. Me and a good friend have been reading to her all the get well cards. Thank you again for the cards, thoughts, and especially the prayers for my angel."

Today's morning update. "Michele update: She had a restless night. Nurses worked all night trying to drop her heart rate and BP. Dr tried another BP med which helped. When I spoke to her this morning, she opened her right eye half way and was focusing on me. Dr increased the dosage of bp meds so she has been resting comfortably since 8 am. Heart rate normal, BP normal. Neuro nurse decided not to test reflexes since she was finally resting comfortably. Keep those prayers coming. God bless."

• I put the lady on the sick prayer list at chuch today. I hope it works for her.

From Freddie:

"Michele update: I asked the good lord for a positive sign today and I got it. The nurse was asking Michele to give her a thumbs up with her left hand and that thumb raised straight up. She waited a few minutes and asked again and the thumb raised again just not quite as high. She was watching me today as I spoke with her and read to her. Everytime she hears a familiar voice that left hand opens and she wants her hand held. She is coming back to us one step at a time. The good lord is watching over her. Prayer is working."

:wub:

Update 2 hours ago.

"Michele update: She rested comfortably today. Last night took a lot out of her. Respiratory took her off ventilator today for 1.5 hours to exercise her lungs. She did well with no problems. Still have not moved her to skilled nursing unit. Insurance is taking it's time with paperwork. Once she is moved, I will post her room number. Several times today whenever she heard my voice she would reach up with her left hand wanting me to hold it. Baby steps but still positive steps. Thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts. God bless."

The latest update from Freddie.

"Michele update: She had a good restful night. The anti-anxiety med helps her sleep throughout the night.
The nurses tell me that Michele knows when I leave for the night because she has some anxiety which drives up her BP. BP and heart rate good throughout the night. When I spoke to her this morning she slightly opened her eyes and watched me and grasped for my hand. Her papa Freddy made it in from New York and she watched him as he spoke and held his hand. Her color looks great and she is currently breathing on her own. They stop the ventilator periodically so her lungs can exercise. She has been doing this for over an hour and counting. EEG came back good, no seizure activity. Our little angel is healing every day. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers."

"Michele update: She had a good day today. BP and heart rate were good all day. Starting to open eyes more and looking around. She held mine and popa Freddy's hands every time we were with her. She is turning her head towards our voices and looks at us for short periods of time. She has been breathing on her own since 8am. They will continue to let her do this until she starts to get tired and so far she has showed no sign of this. She has not run a fever today. After what I have seen today I know all the prayers are working. Thank you all. God bless."

"Michele update: She had a good uneventful, restful night. She has now been breathing on her own for over 24 hours with no issues. This morning she woke up and watched me for over 10 min as I spoke with her. She smiled 3X at me as I was talking about Astrid and her other wolfie babies. As I type this, papa Freddy is talking to her and she has smiled at him while holding his hand. I can't begin to tell you the joy I am feeling in my heart right now. My angel is getting better each day thanks to all the prayers. Thank you all. God bless."

Also, today is her birthday.
Image result for victorian birthday images

Archived