SASS Wire Forum

This caught my eye

Alpo

I was looking through the list on my BookBub email this morning, and at the very bottom, just as I was pushing the delete button, I saw a blurb for another book.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A PRIEST AND A STRIPPER FALL IN LOVE

My first thought was that one or the other of them would have to quit their job.

I'd be curious as to just how a priest and a stripper met.

While it would most likely be a shame and a disgrace for a priest to be going to the stripper's place of employment, I see nothing wrong with the stripper going to church.

If they could find a lawyer, they could go into a bar.     Then we could find out what happened .       GW

>David O’Malley is a former Minor League baseball pitcher turned Anglican Priest who is fed up with the pettiness and hypocrisy of organized religion. He’s conflicted about his priestly vocation.

Hannah and David fall in love when they join forces to save two neglected lions from a roadside zoo. But when Hannah’s profession becomes known, the Church orders David to end his relationship with her.

Will David choose passion or the priesthood? Can love be a gateway to freedom for two people who are both imprisoned by their own loneliness?<

At least he's not sinning - Anglican, not Catholic.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/sitb/B07PSB938D?sib_dp_aw_kd_udp

That should let you read a sample, so you'll get interested and spend five bucks to read the book.

They meet at the zoo. From what little bit I've read so far in that sample, it's a funny book. Not funny enough for me to spend 5 bucks on, but funny.

My Bishop, the Canon Sacristy of the Cathedral, the Incumbent Priest at my parish and I sat in a strip club interviewing adult entertainers, at a Gentleman's Club, to determine what we could do to help them, as part of our Diocese Outreach Program.

It earned some strange looks and some comments from the customers, because of our collars and the fact we had the women coming and going to our table for a number of hours.

We were able to help some of the women, who wanted help or to get out of the lifestyle they were in.

That made it a worthwhile effort and the Outreach program continues to this day in one form or another

True story a case I once worked

There was a hit & run accident on Independence Avenue where witnesses got the license plate and description of the driver. Contact was made with the owner of the plate around a week later. Fellow turned out to be a Baptist Minister of a church some 40 miles from the accident scene and said that he was no where near when it occurred. Description of the car matched his so I had him respond to the unit with his car. Found damage matching the other vehicle along with foreign paint same color as victims. Still said he was no where near so took his photo and next day witness id him as the driver. Lab results showed his foreign paint matched victims. Arrested and court date set.

A week later the secretary of the church called me and said that the reason he was on Independence Avenue was because he had a hooker he was in love with that worked that area and he did not want the church to find out about it.

Now the church knows the story, pastor fired along with having to contact Missouri Baptist Convention and go before them. Then he had to explain to his wife.;)

This Is a Song that my Family has often preformed in Concerts ,,,, We traveled for about 13 years singing and leading services in various churches ...

And preforming at Gospel Music Jamborees , each of my four kids plays at least 4 different Instruments....

Now that the Kids are all married we find it harder to get together to sing , but it was a fun and educational for us all ...   

Archived