SASS Wire Forum

Always check your receipt

Alpo

Dream.

Not sure where I was, but someone wandered off with the gun I had just bought. In a few minutes Chuck Norris showed up with the gun in his hand and a look of righteous wrath on his face.

Turns out that my new to me used gun was his gun that had been stolen.

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?!?!???

I bought it.

SHOW ME THE RECEIPT!!

So I dig it out of my pocket and hand it to him.

It does not say that I bought a Smith & Wesson M&P, 38 Special, blue finish with a 5 inch barrel, serial number S12345.

What it says is that I bought a gun for $300.

Not very helpful in that circumstance.

Fortunately I woke up before he started pounding on me.

Seriously, I noticed that none of the receipts I get from gun stores ever have the gun make or SN on them. Just "gun sale" for $xxx. How am I supposed to ever be able to prove when I bought a particular gun?

Uh...What gun, Officer?

I work part time at a gun store. 

For an additional $50 over the purchase price, we'll supply you with a certificate congratulating you for winning the drawing for the absolutely free gun you just purchased from us.  You may give this to SWMBO when you arrive home with your new firearm.

I work part time at a gun store. 

For an additional $50 over the purchase price, we'll supply you with a certificate congratulating you for winning the drawing for the absolutely free gun you just purchased from us.  You may give this to SWMBO when you arrive home with your new firearm.

No honey, this one isn’t new.  The manufacturer just wanted it in the original box for shipping and warranty service.  

Seriously, I noticed that none of the receipts I get from gun stores ever have the gun make or SN on them. Just "gun sale" for $xxx. How am I supposed to ever be able to prove when I bought a particular gun?

Every gun I've ever bought at a gun store, the receipt has lifted brand, model, and serial number. That includes the one rifle I bought at Walmart.

Guns that I ordered, and they just came to the FFL to be logged in and called in - I don't think I've ever gotten a receipt for that.

Added: Sixgun, just write it on the receipt when you get home. Or even better, tell the clerk to write it on there when he's making out the receipt.

Howdy,

I like getting 'PAID IN FULL' on my receipts.

Why?

A local ffl sold me a rifle just before he died.

His wife and kids started going thru his paperwork and started

bugging me to pay for a rifle I had already paid for.

Finally I asked them what the balance owed was on the receipt.

They left me alone after that.

Best

CR

PAID IN FULL

Think about it.

Archived