SASS Wire Forum

Lightweight Pants

Blind Eye

I bought a pair of Indigo Palms pants many years ago from a clearance rack that were loosely woven, cotton, and styled like blue jeans but in a light brown, they were very light and cool in Middle Tenn heat and humidity. I would like to replace them, Indigo Palms is still in business, a little pricey but they lasted more than ten years in this game.

Imis 

I have some Horsefly pants that are very lightweight and I love them, but he's been gone a long time.  When I started out I got some lightweight black trousers from https://www.riverjunction.com 

I see they have a very large variety now, looks like some of them are lightweight.

Howdy Blind Eye,

Years ago, I bought a pair of white painters pants. Before the first washing, I carefully cut off a back pocket and those down on the leg. After washing all the stitch holes disappeared and I had some "Mexican" pants.

Reverend Chase 

I do this also, but with scrubs...I even soaked em in a bit of "tea water" to get  rid of the bright white and get the "adobe dust color" in them slightly..gotten where I much prefer dressin' mexi-injun than all the heavy stuff. Makes posse chores easier to do also.

Anyone have a particular vendor and/or style of pants that are lightweight? I'm located in Florida and the canvas type pants are heavy and hot here. Any ideas, greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Speedo's? :D

The LLBean catalog currently has some "classic fit" jeans that are lighter weight, have some stretch, and they actually have a waistline that doesn't have to be hiked up every few minutes.  

I just order the cotton pants I normally wear from Lands End one size larger then add suspender buttons. Have a pair of kaki and light gray. Also check 2nd hand stores for suit paint. Good Luck:)

I do this also, but with scrubs...I even soaked em in a bit of "tea water" to get  rid of the bright white and get the "adobe dust color" in them slightly..gotten where I much prefer dressin' mexi-injun than all the heavy stuff. Makes posse chores easier to do also.

Dan does a great job on his mexi-injun costumes;) Good Luck:)

I like these: https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-duluthflex-ballroom-coolmax-jeans-46217.html?dwvar_46217_color=DKI&cgid=mens-pants-jeans#start=1&cgid=mens-pants-jeans

Wrangler also makes some lighter jeans that aren't as expensive as the Duluth's.

Wild West Mercantile sells some cowboy pants that are very lightweight. I have a pair in brown and a pair in grey. That's what I wear in the summer.  https://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=CM81-CM&type=store&category=30030

Archived