SASS Wire Forum

Funniest movie segment - Pink Panther dentist scene

Warden Callaway

I remember watching that in the theater when it came out. Laughed so hard I thought I was gonna pass out. :D:D

Ironically Peter Sellers absolutely hated playing Inspector Clouseau after the first movie. Like Harrison Ford with Han Solo he disliked playing the same character over and over. Of course they kept dangling enough money in front of him that he finally agreed to come back each time, but it was always a challenge.

Then they did the one with Steve Martin. Horrible!

Then they did the one with Steve Martin. Horrible!

Even more horrible,  they made a Pink Panther 2 with Steve Martin.  Maybe Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean) could have pulled it off. 

We have a 6 DVD collection of Pink Panther movies.   The last two don't have Peter Sellers

Here is another funny comedy team,  Zasu Pitts and Thelma Todd.  They made a series of short films for Hal Roach - maker of Our Gang and Little Rascals.  Note the same background music in this movie short. 

https://youtu.be/QR12809B__4

Zasu Pitts became the inspiration for the cartoon character Olive Oil.  Thelma Todd got mixed up with the Hollywood underworld and was found dead at 29 from carbon monoxide poisoning.   Her husband confessed to murdering her on his death bed. 

• 1 month later...

Another Zasu Pitts and Thelma Todd short. Features Spanky McFarland.  Also note Sterling Holloway selling candy. Made a lot of movies and voices on a lot of animated movies.

https://youtu.be/iaizsVEQnFA

Last time Thelma Tood and Zasu Pitts worked together. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived