SASS Wire Forum

WhenYou Have Too Many - Listings to Keep in the Reloading Room

John Boy

I keep 4 listings in the reloading room for quick reference:

* Powder Inventory separated between black powder grades & smokeless powders - quantities for each

* Reloading die sets by caliber

* Firearms Inventory - smallest caliber up including scopes & spare barrels.  A TO DO, identify each in what safes they are in

* Relative Quickness Burn Rate Table. A TO DO, highlight on the Table the smokeless powders in inventory

Of course, if one has only a few of each and doesn't reload (re: Burn Rate Table) ... there is no reason to maintain lists except their detailed Firearms Inventory for insurance & estate purposes

I keep a listing of powders and primers with dates of purchase [i mark the containers too] so as to use the oldest up first. I date my reloads but dont keep a list of them as I can see when I’m getting low. I do need a redo on my firearms list as the accordion file I’m using is a mess. 

Everything I have is in a jumbled up mess all over the place but for some reason I don't have any problem finding what I need when I need it. I do date all my reloads.

I keep a spiral notebook.  Three pages are saved for each of the 20-25 cartridges that I load.

I put a label with load info on the box of cartridges.  I will re-use that info if using the same components.

I simplified ten powders to four for all my cartridges several years ago.

KISS

Does anyone have a neat reloading room...Or just have cabinets to hide it neat....

Texas Lizard

This.

My reloading paraphernalia has slowly expanded from where it started small in a walk in pantry 40+ years ago to a 10x12 kitchen add on [my actual reloading  room] to the cabinets in the laundry area. “Somebody stop me.“ Really, I can quit anytime I want to, I just don’t want to.

Archived