SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beartrap  SASS#57175

WTB .45 ACP cylinder

Looking for one. Blued or stainless ok. PM info if you have one to sell. Thanks.

Vaquero or NewVaquero as they are different 

Vaquero

Sorry I can’t help you my pair are for the Ruger New Vaquero stainless

Beartrap

Just a thought if I was looking for this I would find a 38/357 cylinder and have it chambered to what I wanted and timed 

with my gun. these cylinders are more plentiful. A friend of mine had a pair of consecutive numbered vaquero's was cleaning them 

after a range session on reassembly got the cylinders switched and had problems until he corrected the problem.

Moses #5964 life

Beartrap

Just a thought if I was looking for this I would find a 38/357 cylinder and have it chambered to what I wanted and timed 

with my gun. these cylinders are more plentiful. A friend of mine had a pair of consecutive numbered vaquero's was cleaning them 

after a range session on reassembly got the cylinders switched and had problems until he corrected the problem.

Moses #5964 life

The 38/357 cylinders are shorter than the bigger bores, one theory is that you would be unable to put 45/44 cylinder into 38/357 barreled frame.

:ph34r:  I may have what you need.  Stainless, very lightly frosted finish with polished flutes, perfect condition.  Was fitted to old style Bisley Vaquero.  I've not fired it.

PM me if this is of interest.

Not wanting to step on someone's post. I just started shooting cowboy specials in my Ruger 45 colt Vaqueros. 45 cowboy specials same size as 45acp but with a rim