SASS Wire Forum

1st Trip to Tombstone, AZ

Tequila Shooter

It depends on how much you want to do and spend.  To see the town, OK Corral, Boothill, etc., one day will probably do it.  If you want to add a horseback ride add another day.  The Tombstone Livery (where the local SASS clubs shoot) is about a mile out of town.

Enjoy,

BS

We'll be leaving Las Vegas on 5 Dec, so we'll be in Tombstone late that afternoon.  I can stay up to 3 nights which would give us 2 days on the ground.  Any suggestions?  What's in Bisbee? 

We'll be leaving Las Vegas on 5 Dec, so we'll be in Tombstone late that afternoon.  I can stay up to 3 nights which would give us 2 days on the ground.  Any suggestions?  What's in Bisbee? 

Bisbee is an old mining town ( copper, gold, etc. ) that is a nice place to spend a day.  Museums, copper mine tour, nice to walk around.  They have a web site, discoverbisbee.com that has plenty of information.

Bisbee sounded great until the article talked about all the stairs.  I'm a DV and stairs and I don't get along.  Thanks everyone!

They have a golf cart tour in Bisbee that's takes you all over and talks about the history of the town, very interesting and no stairs....

One day is sufficient.  Don't get your hopes up too much.  There's not a lot to see unless you like shopping.  Several good western clothing stores and one could completely outfit oneself for SASS.  The Good Enough mine is of mild interest.  For me, the most interesting place is Boot Hill.

Better place than Tombstone is "Old Tucson Studios" in Tucson.  If you dress in your SASS costume and present your SASS membership card, you are admitted free to Old Tucson Studios.

Archived