SASS Wire Forum

She Rang The Bell Today

Yul Lose

My oldest daughter rang the bell today. What a fighter she is.

A4383455-2415-4499-98CA-7C366A8225E6.jpeg

Thank you all. It’s been a very long process. We were planning to go over for our family Christmas visit and be with her during another infusion but today she rang the bell!!! We’re going over to have a big celebration in about three weeks.

I am a colorectal cancer survivor of 25 years and I say CONGRATULATIONS! It can be done. God was looking over my shoulder and he is with you too.

Yes sir: MERRY CHRISTMAS : Welcome to the survivors side.  The wife had advanced stage four with a lousy prognosis that was thirty two years ago.  Good for your family a true Christmas present.

Thank .you everybody for your kind comments. Being diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer while on a business trip in Australia was a very frightening event for her and then when she got back in country it was verified. The last eight months or so she’s been through a lot and not once was she ready to give up. The treatment team in Cottonwood, Arizona have been incredible.

Wonderful.  Absolutely wonderful.

Yul, I can't imagine how you feel.

Merry Christmas!!!

I was pretty immature when she was born but I doubt the feeling then was anything near what my wife and I felt yesterday when she sent us the video. Wonderful indeed.

One big takeaway from this entire ordeal is the importance of early detection. When she was diagnosed she was 42 years old and very active athletically, running marathons, jogging every morning, working out at the gym, etc.. She had never had a colonoscopy. Had she followed her doctors advice and had one done there’s a good chance they would have found it in its early stages. So pards and pardetts make plans to have it done if you’re due or overdue for a colonoscopy, it may save your life.

Congratulations to your daughter and your family!!!  That is most excellent news!!!

I too am an advocate for testing and early detection.  That is how my cancer was discovered and now I'm 7 years clear.

Congratulations to your daughter and your family!!!  That is most excellent news!!!

I too am an advocate for testing and early detection.  That is how my cancer was discovered and now I'm 7 years clear.

Thank you, Kris, and congratulations to you too.

GOOD NEWS!

I'm glad to hear she finished treatment and rang the bell!!

You have brought some genuine happiness into the overcast and gloom of the season.

I got to ring that bell last June. It is indeed a beautiful sound.

Thank .you everybody for your kind comments. Being diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer while on a business trip in Australia was a very frightening event for her and then when she got back in country it was verified. The last eight months or so she’s been through a lot and not once was she ready to give up. The treatment team in Cottonwood, Arizona have been incredible.

Yes, being told " we found a tumor, it's cancer," was a shock. I was lucky. I went to the hospital for a kidney stone attack and they found the tumor. All I had to do was have the kidney removed. People like your daughter are the true survivors.  Wonderful news for her and your family. God bless your family.

Archived