SASS Wire Forum

Danged FedEx!

Pat Riot

Trying to ship my Vaqueros off to Ruger. Ruger sold me a FedEx label for $30.

Now I cannot find a FedEx office near me that will ship guns. 
The nice non English speaking woman at customer service gave me 3 options, all of which had told me they don’t ship guns. 
Had to stop before I give myself an infarction. 

Bottles! Drinks all around! Widder’s Tab!
He ain’t around, is he. ;)

I could just walk in and hand them the package and walk out. It’s all prepped and paid for. 

No, I will make some calls tomorrow. I found a shipping center, not a FedEx store, near me. 

I was told they only ship from Fedex Hubs, which are different from their Stores.

FED-X and UPS only ship guns from their 'hubs'.

That's because the have a 'bond room'(secure room)to keep them till departure. 

YES-you must declare it's a firearm as per law.

They will know it's going  to an FFL because they have the BATFE data base in their systems.

OLG 

I am going to a “ship center”. I was looking for a location near me and decided to look at “filters” to see if I could weed out the stores from ones that will ship guns and I found a filter for “Dangerous Items Shipment” and it lists all the shipping centers not so near me. None of the “stores” handle “dangerous items”.

When I lived in Oregon the some of the “stores” took firearms in for shipment. 

I was told they only ship from Fedex Hubs, which are different from their Stores.

I was told the same thing  at one FedEx store when I shipped a rifle that I sold. I wound up going to another store and they shipped it!! :rolleyes:

Archived