SASS Wire Forum

Americans Bought Enough Guns on Black Friday to Arm the Marine Corps – Yet Again!

Charlie T Waite

1126A1-1170x508.jpg

I call that a decent shopping day!

I'm ashamed to admit that I was not part of that effort. I shall do better.

:D

I call that a decent shopping day!

I'm ashamed to admit that I was not part of that effort. I shall do better.

:D

Does BP Count??  :ph34r:

While not Black Friday or Cyber Monday On Wednesday I ordered a PTR91 on Wednesday with polymer trigger group housing  & pic rail.  I have wanted an HK91 rifle for a while; however. they have become very pricey after Papa Bush signed the sporting purpose E.O.  I have a soft spot for guns with unusual operating systems.  The H&K's roller delayed blowback operating system creates a firearm that will function after covering the receiver in mud.  The Forgotten Firearms folks tested a M1 Garand, M1A, AK, FAL, AR-15 & HK-91.  The HK never failed to feed & fire.  All the open bolt guns fired the round in the chamber but didn't feed the next cartridge.  The AK FAL had stoppages after 2nd or latter cartridge.  The AR-15 had stoppages however, it was more round counts than the AK & FAL.   The HK91 emptied the magazine.  Another plus for the HK91 is it's non reciprocating manual bolt opening handle.  Had to do it now to save the NV DOJ background check fee.  The Dem majority in NV legislature & Dem governor removed the CFP exemption in the 2019 session as well as fixed the problem with the UBC passed in Nov 2016 general election.  The law as passed required the background check be done using the NICS system.  This was done by the drafters to avoid having a sample ballot summary list a negative fiscal impat on state or local government's.  Then when the NV AG's office contacted the FBI to set-up these checks the FBI said NO we don't have funds in the budget to perform these checks since NV is a point of origin state.  The state DOJ does the check.  The revised law has the NV DOJ doing the check & to not violate the NV constitution the revisions go into effect on Jan 1, 2020.  The NV constitution prevents the legislature from revising or repealing a law passed by initiative.

Archived