SASS Wire Forum

For Sale Double barreled gun

For Sale.    Price reduction.

OFFER RECEIVED   PAYMENT AND DETAILS PENDING

I have no use for it now.   I made this when I'd been thinking that I would live down in the mountain area of east San Diego county.  Mountain lions are a very real problem out there.   This was to be a short range ( ie.  woods gun ) for a mountain lion area.  

Started out as an under lever Husqvarna double barred 12 ga.   I put in a .45-70 insert in the right barrel.   The insert is 18 in. long and has an extractor.  The original barrels are 20 in. long.  There is a tang sight.   The insert is not a put it in/ take it out proposition.  It is IN for good.  Forced in with a soft copper ring around it that conformed to the interior of the 12 ga. barrel.  The left 12 ga. barrel has a 3 in. chamber.  I have only shot it with black power loads.   

The .45-70 barrel shoots very well with hard cast .459 diameter bullets.  

Fluid Barrels not Damascus.

Bullets, brass and dies are included.  

Reduced to  $ 400.00    including shipping to  C&R  or to your FFL.   

I love  :wub: it. !   But am getting rid of the things that I really :wub:  ..  . but have no use for.  

It needs to move on to someone that has a use for it and will love it.  

Private message to me please.  

Wolfgang

SxS_b.jpg

I showed this to my 16 year old son, and we are both thinking hard about why we need this! Just too cool.

Thanks for the comment.  It IS too cool :excl:  And a practical short range / woods gun.  

Not really looking for trades.  But I will listen to any offered.  

It has a leather ( geico ) hand guard under the barrels. 

Wolfgang  :)

I showed this to my 16 year old son, and we are both thinking hard about why we need this! Just too cool.

Slim, how are you? It sounds like a cool gun!

carbinecasey

CC: If lived anywhere near a woods that I could hunt in this woulda been mine, but I don't. And I am too busy taking care of my kids and shooting SASS and working to be driving miles away to use it.  But that's OK, I am finally picking up my second Remington 44-40 that I bought from J-Bar (only one gun every 30 days, dontcha know) so I am good.

Can't believe I missed this. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!

Archived