SASS Wire Forum

Anyone use lee adjustable charge bar?

Lone Rider SASS#32091

Would be interested in any experiences with the Lee adjustable charge bar. The minimum load my  Lee auto disk will throw is 3.5 grains. The adjustable charge bar is advertised to throw smaller loads and I would like to throw 3.1-3.2 g of titegroup. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Would be interested in any experiences with the Lee adjustable charge bar. The minimum load my  Lee auto disk will throw is 3.5 grains. The adjustable charge bar is advertised to throw smaller loads and I would like to throw 3.1-3.2 g of titegroup. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, I have one set up on a bench with an adjustable bar.  I've had it set for 1.5gr for .32 S&W loads.

Lone Rider,

There is a smaller capacity disc for the Lee Auto Disc made by Titan Reloading. They call it the Titan Micro Charge Disc. Search on Google and it will come up. I see they are made with white plastic now. The ones I bought several years ago were black. I have used mine for years with no problems loading Tightgroup. I found them interesting because they are made on a 3D printers. Good luck with this.

Crusty Steve

I had the same problem. Since I knew that I wouldn't need it. I took some plastic putty and filled the largest hole on the disk set. Then I drilled a small hole in it and weighed to powder drop. Slowly enlarged the hole until I got the drop I wanted.

I bought one years ago when they first came out.  My feeble memory could be wrong on something that far back, but I think I was loading Clays in the 2.5 to 3.0 grain range, and I did not get the consistency from drop to drop that I got with the standard discs.  I am guessing that the fairly narrow, oblong cavity that you get with smaller charges is going to fill up less consistantly more than the perfectly round hole.   It was probably acceptable for cowboy loads, but I went back to the regular discs.  Again, this was years ago when they were first introduced, so they may have made changes to improve the operation.

Archived