SASS Wire Forum

Sierra Game changer update

Perro Del Diablo

A few months ago I asked if anyone has had any experience with Sierra's new bullets. A couple days ago I posted the results of my Daughters hunt. She used a Remington 700 in 243 with the new Sierra ammo. I am impressed both with accuracy and performance. So if anyone wants a recommendation on a good choice I give a vote for the "GAMECHANGER"

I have been reloading for 60 years and have used Sierra bullets for at least 50 years. They used to be in Santa Fe Springs, Ca and I lived pretty close. I bought from them direct. Great products! I probably have shot at least 100 deer & antelope using their bullets.

You said, "Sierra's new bullets", then a couple of sentences later you said, "new Sierra ammo".

Are they making loaded ammo now?

Yes they are. they started with the new gamechanger bullet they had developed and are loading 5 or 6 calibers ammo under their own name. they are little expensive as MSRP is about $50 but if you watch for sales at places like Midway and Brownels they are little over $40.

Got em loaded up in 6.5 Swede; 270; and 7mm....just havent' popped anything yet.  I am hopeful they will offer better downrange ballistics than the Pro Hunter and be a lot tougher than the BT GameKing which I now have quit using because its just too thin jacketed.

Got em loaded up in 6.5 Swede; 270; and 7mm....just havent' popped anything yet.  I am hopeful they will offer better downrange ballistics than the Pro Hunter and be a lot tougher than the BT GameKing which I now have quit using because its just too thin jacketed.

For the west Texas whitetail she just harvested I'm happy with downrange performance. If you would like more detail description PM me. .

I sure havn't hand any problems with Game Kings. I shot an antelope last month at 280 yds with my 25-06 using a 117 gr bt GameKing. He was facing me and I shot him in the front of the chest/brisket. One shot and dead, heart and lungs shot to pieces.

I sure havn't hand any problems with Game Kings. I shot an antelope last month at 280 yds with my 25-06 using a 117 gr bt GameKing. He was facing me and I shot him in the front of the chest/brisket. One shot and dead, heart and lungs shot to pieces.

Yeah they can sure mess up their innards alright. Just imagine what if at 100 yards and a much bigger animal.  Anyway, when I started finding jacket material blowed back into the guts I changed to the Pro Hunter.

Kaya has been VERY happy with the Hornady Interloc in her .243. We have recovered two of three bullets (coyotes don't stop them very well!) on the offside of both bucks. BIG bodied bucks. No lungs left, hearts shredded. Perfect little mushrooms they were. Hard to believe such a little bullet could scramble a deers insides like that.

Might have to try the Sierras and see how accurate they can be out of her gun.

Sierra Game kings have served us well over the years. in 30-06 ,.308, 22-250 etc. I've personallly taken a mature cow elk with a single 165 BT at 365 yards.

The 5x6 Bull hanging in my living room took a single 30-06 165 BT and covered maybe 5 yards before he piled up.  There are other brands that perform well, but we as a family tend to stick to the bullets in green boxes!:)

My 25-05 with the 117 GameKings shoots less than moa groups out to 500 yards. I have a Leupold Ballistic Turret set up for my handloads and have shot out to 500 with no problem. I also shoot GameKings in my 30-06 (150 gr Bts) that shoots similar groups. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I have shot Sierras for a long time. The only gun that I don't shoot Sierras is my .300 Wby, I shoot 180 gr Nosler Partition bullets in it for elk and moose. I also shoot MatchKings in my .220 Ackley Improved Swift. I shoot 53 gr bt's .477408180_.220AISwift3shotgroup002.thumb.JPG.ae5731adf81274abc1452836db1d36f7.JPG1469229770_220ImpSwiftwithChrono.thumb.jpg.ad1f0708272e44840f236a7fc5bdf484.jpg

Archived