SASS Wire Forum

Southwest Regional Champinship

Flat Top Okie

Hello All,

The registration for Land Run, The SASS Southwest Regional Championship, is now open. The Oklahoma Territorial Marshals wish to extend an invitation to all who are able to attend. As always, we will do our best to guarantee everyone has a great time. Please remember that we have a limited number of RV spaces with electricity and water and reservations for these spots are needed. Please note that we have extended the match by one day to allow more time for the Wild Bunch mini-match and additional warm up matches. We look forward to seeing everyone.

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie & Missouri Mae

OH WELL date conflict with Four Corners Regional was planning on it but oh well. 

yo-Ho Twelve  Mile Reb; How goes it with you & Mary. Been awhile my friend. So you going to 4 corners?

Take care Happy Holiday Season & above all Merry Christmas.

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy..

Hello Everyone,

Sorry about the date conflict with other matches, but The National Cowboy Museum, where we hold our banquet is in very high demand and we must take the date they have available. If you have been to our banquet and award ceremony at the museum, I am sure you agree that this is the best cowboy venue in America. If you have not attended one of our banquets, you are missing a great banquet.

Thanks,

Flat Top

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in sending confirmations to those of you have entered. We will get caught up this week for all who have entered. We look forward to seeing everyone and are making plans for a great match.

Flat Top

Hello All,

It seems we have the kinks worked out in the software and all applications received have been processed and shooters have been notified by e-mail. Thanks for your patience and we hope you can all attend, what I believe, is the largest SASS regional in the country. See you in April.

Flat Top

This match is the third largest match in the country and the competition is like a mini EOT! There are so many top shooters at this match.making it a great test of true skill. The facility is fantastic and one of the best Cowboy Action ranges in the world. The match itself is always on point with a mixture of challenging stages and some you can burn down. Everything runs smooth as glass and lots of fun to be had by all. Now let’s talk about the banquet, as Okie mentioned the banquet is held at the Cowboy Western Heritage Museum which is a world class venue. You get free admission to museum, a top notch meal, fantastic awards and lots of great prizes. This is not a match to miss that’s for sure! Maybe the dates for the other matches can be moved. We would sure like to see everyone there! 

Colt Faro 

Hello All,

Mae and I will be entering applications this evening so if you have mailed yours in the past week and have not received your confirmation, watch for it this evening.

One half of the RV spots with water and electricity at the cowboy range are now reserved. If you are camping, please send your application as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Flat Top

Mine will be in the mail this week! Best shoot and run by the best cowboys and cowgirls around, as Colt mentioned it runs smooth as glass especially for the number of shooters, lots of vendors and love the awards banquet and the museum, see you in April! SCJ

Hi All,

I will be watching for yours Jack.

Mae and I entered apps. this evening and everyone should have received their confirmation. We are ahead of last year at this time and RV spots are filling up. Please send your entry soon if you need a campsite. See you all soon.

Flat Top

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

We had several phone entries today so we now have only 6 camping sites, with electricity and water, at the cowboy range. We have additional sites with electricity and water at the main clubhouse and the shotgun range, but if you like the convenience of the cowboy range you need to get your entry in. Entries are 15% ahead of last year at this time. See you in April.

Flat Top 

Hello All,

The RV camping sites on the cowboy range are all taken, but we still have spots at the main clubhouse and the shotgun range. These spots won't last long, so send your entry as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Flat Top

10 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi Nichols,

I think you have gotten this information by now, but in case you have not. The answer is yes for water and electric.

Thanks,

Flat Top

Thanks . I was pretty sure there was but I was just making sure. 

Hey Flat Top Okie,

Can you expand the information concerning the Wild Bunch match? 

How many stages?

Possible ammo count? 

Is it considered a side match?  

Just braggin rights?

Is there a Wild Bunch RO course available?

Many thanks,

OkDee

Hello Dee,

Four stages

112 pistol, 40 rifle,24 shotgun should do you good

Mini match, the difference between this and a side match is the number of awards

No, the Wild Bunch RO class is January 25th

See you in April

Flat Top  

Hello Everyone,

Just a note to inform you that the RV hookups at the shotgun range (with electricity and water) are close to being full. When these spots are full we will have spots at the main clubhouse, but they will all be gone soon. If you want to bring your RV, please send your entry as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Flat Top 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

It looks like the postal service finally got caught up. We received about 20 applications today. If you sent yours in the past few days, you should receive confirmation tomorrow evening. See you all in April.

Flat Top

Mine went out yesterday, Lookin forward to it !!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Shooters,

All applications that have been received as of February 10th have been processed and confirmation e-mails have been sent. We have more shooters registered now than at this same time last year, so we should exceed 400 shooters again. We also have several new vendors which is great, but the most encouraging news is the number of new shooters. We have many shooters with six digit SASS numbers which I am very pleased about. I hope all clubs are seeing this kind of growth.

Flat Top Okie

Howdy Flat Top Okie:

My old pard Half Fast Len & I just entered negotiations for attending, check work schedules etc.... Are you close to being full/cutting off entry's? What's the deadline?

Hi Chili

We have plenty of space for you guys. We have never actually had to cut off entries, although we have had to place shooters on a waiting list a few times. We have always managed to get everyone who wants to shoot in. We probably will run out of RV spots with electricity and water. We look forward to seeing you.

Flat Top

PS: Our maximum is about 420

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Mae and I will be processing applications again tomorrow. If yours was mailed earlier this week, look for an e-mail confirmation tomorrow evening. Thanks for all of you who have sent applications. If you want to shoot, but money is a little tight, please send your application in with a note and a post dated check. That really helps if you are part of a large group who want to shoot on the same posse.

Flat Top

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

We are only about six weeks from the application deadline so if you have not sent yours in and you have posse request, please send as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Flat Top

Hello All,

All applications received this week have been processed and verification e-mails sent. We will be posting a shooter list on our website soon. We have only a few weeks before the deadline for entries, so please send your entry as soon as possible because we must determine if there is a sufficient number of shooters in the expanded categories and order additional awards. Also, many posses are filling up, so if you have specific posse request, you will have a better chance of being with the posse you request if your entry is received soon.

Thanks,

Flat Top  

Archived