SASS Wire Forum

Artificial knee update

Clay Mosby

Finally got in to see the ortho Dr. My prosthesis is fine, good for hopefully many more years. Turns out my severe pain a few weeks ago was the result of what he called "pseudogout". Instead of uric acid base, the crystals in the joint fluid were calcium based. Whatever they were made off they hurt like hell. I describe it as my knee passing its version of a kidney stone. 

Unfortunately he told there is no prevention for future attacks, all they can do is treat the pain and inflammation when it hits. Fun! :(:(:(

Drink more water.

When I feel a gout episode coming on I increase my water intake. Not coffee, soda, tea or other drinks...water. It does help.

Glad to hear you are on the mend. :)

Finally got in to see the ortho Dr. My prosthesis is fine, good for hopefully many more years. Turns out my severe pain a few weeks ago was the result of what he called "pseudogout". Instead of uric acid base, the crystals in the joint fluid were calcium based. Whatever they were made off they hurt like hell. I describe it as my knee passing its version of a kidney stone. 

Unfortunately he told there is no prevention for future attacks, all they can do is treat the pain and inflammation when it hits. Fun! :(:(:(

Glad to hear you doing better.

Archived