SASS Wire Forum

Do girls these days still wear charm bracelets?

Alpo

I'm reading a story taking place in Christmas of 68, and the guy bought his girlfriend a charm bracelet.

That got me to thinking that I don't believe I've seen a charm bracelet for years and years and years and years.

Do they still make them? Do girls still wear 'em?

Or like crinolines and poodle skirts, they've faded into obscurity?

None of mine do.
The few I see are on Eastern Star ladies of advanced age.

Modern girls wear tattoos and metal things pierced through their face and nether regions.
Not my idea of a good time.

I recall that each charm woul had a meaning, and that you would buy a charm for a lady (if available there) from special places you visited, such as one castle or another, major European cities.  Las Vegas, D-Land, NYC, etc.   They were pretty expensive; gold or silver.  Those charm bracelets were cherished possessions.  

Cat Brules

Pandora for multiple charms,, Alex & Ani for singles, etc.......

Look deeply into my eyes and repeat:

Seek for Google, seek for Google, seek for Google............Until it's second nature .

Pandora for multiple charms,, Alex & Ani for singles, etc.......

Look deeply into my eyes and repeat:

Seek for Google, seek for Google, seek for Google............Until it's second nature .

Google what in the heck is Google 

I bough a charm bracelet for my future wife when I was in Germany in 68. I didn’t know she never wore bracelets. I think she wore it once. Probably still in her jewelry box.

I bough a charm bracelet for my future wife when I was in Germany in 68. I didn’t know she never wore bracelets. I think she wore it once. Probably still in her jewelry box.

I bought a myriad of charms for Miss Lorrie while in the land of good beer. She hasen't worn them in many years.

Mine are not Pandora, but traditional.  I have 3: the one I had in high school (you had to have one) extended to include life in general; hearts, some of them antique - tho I guess the ones given to me childhood are now antique; and places I have been.  I still buy charms occasionally, but don't wear the bracelets so often any more.  Still, they are treasured.  Oh yeah, and the Peter Pan one given to me by a friend of my parents that my daughter found at my mom's house & restored for me.

Archived