SASS Wire Forum

Is it legal

Make do

Is the  new Ruger single seven (in 327 magnum) a  legal main match gun - plan to shoot 32 long-  I can't seem to find a reference - Thanks

Is the  new Ruger single seven (in 327 magnum) a  legal main match gun - plan to shoot 32 long-  I can't seem to find a reference - Thanks

No

SHB vers 23.2 pg 39. Cylinders may have no less than 5 chambers and no more than 6 Chambers..

No - see page 39 of the Shooter Handbook, 1st item under Revolver Cylinders.  You can buy a new Cimmaron Model P Jr that will shoot 32 longs or a used Ruger Single Six in 32 H&R Mag.

Looks to me like some custom revolver shop could take a Ruger Wrangler and convert it to center fire and rechamber it to 32 S&W long. (But not one of the new magnums)

If some company like Davidsons could get Ruger to make a run of Wranglers in 32 S&W!, that would be great also. If priced at a small premium over the Wrangler,  it would make it a lot more affordable for those getting started in the game. 

No

SHB vers 23.2 pg 39. Cylinders may have no less than 5 chambers and no more than 6 Chambers..

Unless you have an "Original or replica Nagant Single Action Revolver" which has 7 chambers ... and is allowed on p40 of the most current rulebook (23.2). :mellow:

Archived