SASS Wire Forum

O-H...!

Charlie Harley, #14153

Time for the second greatest rivalry in college sports.

Go Buckeyes!

That rivalry has been pretty lopsided for a loooong time and I don’t see it changing today. Buckeyes win big.

That rivalry has been pretty lopsided for a loooong time and I don’t see it changing today. Buckeyes win big.

It's only fair it has swung back the Buckeyes' way. John Cooper went 2-10-1 one against the team up north, including losing to an unranked team when a national title was being talked about.

The rivalry has deep roots though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War

5 minutes left. Kicking serious butt. Got my own cheerleader.

IMG_20191123_175109499.jpg

I would have liked to have stayed home and watched the game but I spent it on a domestic tranquility mission with my wife and daughter to see Knives Out. Cinemopolis has very nice napping seats, if you know what I mean.

Hey Charlie, second greatest?  OK, I’ll bite, who do you have as greatest?

Seamus

Army-Navy

The only football game where everyone on the field has committed their lives, to the point of surrendering them if needed, to the Constitution that guarantees the freedom of everyone in the stands.

Alabama-Auburn

Notre Dame-Stanford

Ohio State-Michigan

Ole Miss-Mississippi State

I love college football and its fans, and rivalries make the games that much sweeter. 

But nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compares to Army-Navy. 

Army-Navy

The only football game where everyone on the field has committed their lives, to the point of surrendering them if needed, to the Constitution that guarantees the freedom of everyone in the stands.

Alabama-Auburn

Notre Dame-Stanford

Ohio State-Michigan

I love college football and its fans, and rivalries make the games that much sweeter. 

Spoken like a true Ring Knocker. :P

GO ARMY!

Army-Navy

Alabama-Auburn

Notre Dame-Stanford

Ohio State-Michigan

HEAVY, but I love it.  Well said!

Auburn-Alabama isn't a football rivalry.  It's a way of life that culminates one Saturday in November.  I read the state described as being inhabited by 2 mutually hostile tribes that are hopelessly intermingled.

Their chess clubs could meet in a tournament and there would be ill feelings.

Many a man is sleeping on his couch tonight- either because his team won or her team won and he wants to sleep in peace.

Auburn-Alabama isn't a football rivalry.  It's a way of life that culminates one Saturday in November.  I read the state described as being inhabited by 2 mutually hostile tribes that are hopelessly intermingled.

Their chess clubs could meet in a tournament and there would be ill feelings.

Many a man is sleeping on his couch tonight- either because his team won or her team won and he wants to sleep in peace.

Having family in this state, and having lived in Alabama a number of years, your assessment is completely accurate. It is not a football game. It is a way of life. 

Army-Navy

Alabama-Auburn

Notre Dame-Stanford

Ohio State-Michigan

Agreed. 

A West Point grad and I have been watching this game together for the last 14 years. We have a standing bet where the “loser” has to do 20 push-ups. The last several years I’ve had to perform and I’m getting too old for this. 

Beat Army, go NAVY! 

I don't know, Sixgun. She does not look too excited to be wearing that.

She was thinking......Do Wolverines really taste like chicken?

I thought you were talking about the Ottawa U Gee-Gee's and the Carleton Ravens for the Panda.

Archived