SASS Wire Forum

Wait... They Want What?!?

DocWard

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/students-want-washington-and-lee-diplomas-without-portraits-of-washington-and-lee-1.609126?fbclid=IwAR3bkHg-KLirZmbsqQeIvvrAIjwd0VKPxY-qEpQE3tylqzauzDHR2QxrqUQ

A group of law students is calling on Washington and Lee University to give future graduates the option of a diploma stripped of portraits of the school's namesakes, George Washington and Robert E. Lee.

I've read this, I'm posting this, and I'm still in disbelief. It makes me truly question the critical thinking capacity of some who should be expert in that skill. When I read the headline to Mrs. Doc, her first response was "Is that from duffleblog or something?"

Issue a bottle of White Out with each diploma.

I believe they should get their wish and they should receive, instead, a diploma from the University of the District of Columbia as an option to having Washington and Lee’s pictures in there diplomas. 
UDC is ranked 6th worst university in the USA.

How long before the government has its own secret department where they employ people to re write history? Oh wait…

Is Orwell's book 1984 serving as a reminder of government overreach or is it serving as a template for government overreach?

Didn’t they know where they were attending when they graduated high school?  And didn’t they know what their diplomas would look like?

They’re much smarter and more socially conscious now. Just ask em. :rolleyes:

Archived