SASS Wire Forum

Guess how many football games I watched today

Utah Bob #35998

I have nothing against it. But I spent the day with my brown eyed girl. And I’m thankful for that.

I no longer watch NFL (“professional”?) football.  Not for 3-4 years now.  I just said “NO”, with the final straw of that kneeling for the National Anthem crap.  The NFL  could have gotten them under control but were too cowardly to do so.  The NFL could still do it now, but they are still a bunch of cowards.   What will be the next outrageous incident that these clowns try to pull off and that the NFL caves in to next?   (guessing)Popular player commits a sex crime, the NFL censures the player and then, huge numbers of other players “strike” league-wide in some manner as a show of “solidarity” and of “you ain’t tellin’ US what to do” belligerance?  That’s fine, let them do it.  They already play to a blank screen at my home.

I do believe football should be DROPPED as a high school sport, and that a mandatory 4-year, 1/2-unit or a full-unit class, named “Sports Ethics and Behavior” I, II, III, & IV, be taught at the high-school level, grades 9-12.  

Why should our K-through-12, government funded school systems pre-train young boys to be pro football players, while thereby ensuring the illiteracy and the corrupt morals of many of them, for the benefit of $$$billion private businesses (pro football teams) and their private, corporate Executive branch, the NFL?  

Cat Brules

Did you put on a little Van Morrison?

Yup ;)

I do believe football should be DROPPED as a high school sport, and that a mandatory 4-year, 1/2-unit or a full-unit class, named “Sports Ethics and Behavior” I, II, III, & IV, be taught at the high-school level, grades 9-12.  

Why should our K-through-12, government funded school systems pre-train young boys to be pro football players, while thereby ensuring the illiteracy and the corrupt morals of many of them, for the benefit of $$$billion private businesses (pro football teams) and their private, corporate Executive branch, the NFL?  

Cat Brules

Sorry I don't agree with you. I played high school football (lettered 3 years) and was good enough to EARN a scholarship to play at a major west coast university. I did well and earned a degree that enabled me to become a very successful aerospace engineer. My career spanned the Apollo, Space Shuttle and B2 programs and earned me a very comfortable retirement. Without football, probably not.

No games here, but then again there is only one team I do watch and they don't play till Sunday. Official Raider hater.;)

We watched the Cowboys/Bills game. Good game!! ;) 

I like football and baseball, basketball NO!

I watched large portions of all of them and the last one was the best one, IMHO, of course.

Cat Brules

I don't think I'd go that far, but if I was King For a Day, I'd instill in people that football is just a GAME. Playing it CAN teach teamwork, strategy, work ethics, and that NOT everybody gets a TROPHY!

The schools already aren't teaching students what most of us Old Guys learned there, but if they were to go back to the teaching standards that they had then, a LOT of today's ignorance wouldn't be happening.

As far as I’m concerned football is only played on Friday night and Saturday afternoon 

That’s the most fun for sure.

The National Felons League will not grace my TV screen until they *all* stand for the national anthem.

I'm intrigued that the professional wrestling owner (who is a huge patriot) is trying to start the Extreme Football League (XFL) again.  It failed miserably last time, but with enough folks like me out there, it has a chance of success.  He has publicly said that any player who kneels will be fired.

While Friday night football is certainly my preferred sporting event to attend for multiple reasons I recently took in a Saints game in New Orleans at the Superdome. Incredible amount of fun. I have not been to an NFL game since 1984 but am planning on returning to New Orleans to take in another Saints game. The atmosphere is electric and dynamic. The fans incredible! And yes, I watched an NFL game on Thanksgiving. Watched the Saints beat the Falcons.

Who dat!

While Friday night football is certainly my preferred sporting event to attend for multiple reasons I recently took in a Saints game in New Orleans at the Superdome. Incredible amount of fun. I have not been to an NFL game since 1984 but am planning on returning to New Orleans to take in another Saints game. The atmosphere is electric and dynamic. The fans incredible! And yes, I watched an NFL game on Thanksgiving. Watched the Saints beat the Falcons.

Who dat!

Saints almost let that one get away. Best game of the 3 yesterday.

Life is too short to not have a little fun. :D

20191129_140654.jpg

20191129_140705.jpg

Saints almost let that one get away. Best game of the 3 yesterday.

Heard about that. Missed the game though!

Who dat!

Don’t go to an Eagles game. The fans are ....less than incredible. ;)

Life is too short to not have a little fun. :D

20191129_140654.jpg

20191129_140705.jpg

Some would say that’s too much fun.:D

Some would say that’s not enough. 

Since we live about a 1000 miles away from the Superdome those 2 cases have to last us the rest of the season. Gotta pace ourselves...Lol.

:D

Sadly the NFL antics have spread to college football. An Ole Miss player cost his team the game when he knelt in the end zone after a score and pretended to urinate like a dog. I hope that his parents and school are proud of him. 
disgusting. If I were his coach he would be history 

Sadly the NFL antics have spread to college football. An Ole Miss player cost his team the game when he knelt in the end zone after a score and pretended to urinate like a dog. I hope that his parents and school are proud of him. 

The display to which you are referring is incredibly disgusting and unsportsmanlike.  It is a new low in sports.

College football players have been pulling Crap like that for years. The schools and NCAA refuse to do anything about it. Maybe if they nipped it in the bud at the college level the end zone antics in the NFL wouldn’t happen either.

And he’ll graduate with a Batchelor’s Degree. Sad.

Still I’d like to think he’s the exception. Most of these guys will graduate and go on to decent careers not in the nfl. Only a small percentage will play in the pros. Some of them will turn out okay. Some not.

The fans incredible!

Don’t go to an Eagles game. The fans are ....less than incredible. ;)

The fans are the problem! If "fans" would stop paying for the privilege of watching the antics of these overpaid, spoiled self centered jackasses, STOP buying their merchandise, and STOP going so nuts over a GAME, MAYBE things would change.

The fans are the problem! If "fans" would stop paying for the privilege of watching the antics of these overpaid, spoiled self centered jackasses, STOP buying their merchandise, and STOP going so nuts over a GAME, MAYBE things would change.

At least America doesn’t have deadly soccer riots. 

Archived